Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
07-17-2014, 08:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 08:55 AM by Shad.)
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
(07-17-2014, 12:08 AM)nicky_longbranch Wrote: Hi Everybody, I'm Nick DelCorpo and I Love war games!!!!

Welcome Nick. Try not to let AP's business practices hinder your enjoyment of the game itself.

(07-17-2014, 12:41 AM)Brett Nicholson Wrote: have found 'Panzer Grenadier' to keep me going on and retain my interest for the last year and a half with no end in sight; for better or worse

This man speaks the truth! I'm almost done with our 2014 annual awards and... well, it's Brett's year! Cool
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-17-2014, 10:55 AM,
Welcome, Nick to this growing group of PG'ers. We don't always (mostly) agree with AVP's methods and procedures but the game is a good one.

Enjoy!
07-19-2014, 10:00 AM,
My father is an avid PG player and really wants to join us here at PG-HQ, but it says not accepting new member at this time ;( Help!!!
07-19-2014, 10:08 PM,
(07-19-2014, 10:00 AM)nicky_longbranch Wrote: My father is an avid PG player and really wants to join us here at PG-HQ, but it says not accepting new member at this time ;( Help!!!

You can't register through the forums. You must register at the main site PG-HQ.com.

You can Log In or Enlist. Follow the prompts from there.

Forums accounts are linked to the main PG-HQ account, so his username will automatically be replicated here.

Any questions let me know.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-24-2015, 08:26 AM,
Hi guys,

My name is Louis Coniglio (call me Lou please) and I am new to the PG-HQ.

I live in Spring Hill, FL (a little north of Tampa on the Gulf Coast) with my wife and kids (all daughters... no gamers there). I work in the IT industry as a Service Manager and I am also a Chief Petty Officer in the Navy Reserve. I just went past 20 back in November, and I have a lingering back issue which I incurred during a tour on the ground in Afghanistan. That retirement package is starting to look better and better each day!!!!

I've been gaming in one way or another since 1980 (age 10). My Dad took me to a miniatures show in Chester, PA and I was in absolute awe. He started me off painting some old Hinchliffe 25mm French Napoleonics. My first games were Column, Line and Square, The Sword and the Flame, and D&D. My first army was Ral Partha British and Zulus which he bought for me in 1983 after I won a scholarship to a private High School.

It was probably around 1984 when I got around to investigating all those old Avalon Hill boxed games he had on the shelf. We would end up playing many battles of D-Day, Afrika Korps, Waterlooo, Gettysburg, etc.. I also went to my first Historicon in 1984 where I was introduced to Squad Leader. From there, I went through all the SL modules, then Panzer Blitz, Panzer Leader, Arab-Israeli Wars and many more AH and SPI titles.

I got heavily involved in GDW's Command Decision in the early 90's (CD, Over The Top, Combined Arms) which brought me into the GDW camp for several years. While CD satisfied the miniatures craving ( I was an ace recon player) other GDW board games caught my interest. I got into the Assault series, Air Superiority, and the big one: Europa. I was heavily engaged in all things Europa for many years, almost entirely forgetting my Avalon Hill roots. It wasn't until about 1998, while deployed to the Submarine base in Groton, CT that I got back into AH games. A local game shop, The Citadel, had a regular group that played ASL. Once again I was hooked on the small unit action games.

I guess it was around 2002, while working in NYC, that I wandered into the Complete Strategist, a long standing gaming store in Manhattan. I bought my first PG title there: Afrika Korps. I was told that it was 'Panzer Blitz all grow up' and that if I liked the old AH titles, then I would really enjoy this. I was a bit skeptical because I was going through my ASL and Europa phase, but I tried it and I have to say, I loved it!!!

For the longest time, I only owned the core PG titles (Eastern Front, RTB, HotSU, Desert Rats, Afrika Korps and Airborne). I found a few of the cheap scenario mods on Ebay, but then I struck gold and found a lot on Ebay that would bring my collection to around 50 titles!!! Now that I am salivating at the prospect of so many potential games, I have come to this site in search of opponents and camaraderie.
I really hope some of you would be interested in PBEM or some other type of remote play. I see a couple guys live not too far away in Jacksonville, Lakeland, Clearwater so maybe there is opportunity for FtF play as well.

Wow, my intro is long!!! Ok, time to sign off. Thank you for having me and I look forward to meeting some of you and gaming with lots of you!!! ~Lou (The Chief)
08-08-2015, 07:13 AM,
Hi
Maybe you'll recognize me from the ASL forum. I have the same name over there. There are a lot of wargames I enjoy. I am a fan of Europa, Great Battles of History, Vae Victus magazine, and various other tactical games.
I've been playing PG for years against friends - mostly Road to Berlin. I am a huge Eastern Front fan. Currently I'm playing Kursk: South Flank.

The upcoming Second Great War expansion has brought PG back as my main interest. I'm looking forward to seeing how they portray the Russians in that alt-history.
08-09-2015, 05:11 AM,
Welcome!

As an East Front gamer, make sure you pick up Kursk: Burning Tigers, my favorite game in the entire PG series.
08-29-2015, 01:15 AM,
Hi everyone, I am new to the site and forum.  Call me Jude.

I was born and raised in Southern California, but I've moved around a lot since I left for college.  I lived 3 years in Vermont, 5 in Ohio, almost 12 in Arizona, and am now living here in southeast Florida.  (as an aside I see a lot of Florida members on the forum.  Perhaps a meet and greet and game session is in order).

I have always been an avid fan of sci-fi and history.  My father served in the navy in WWII, and as a boy I spent many hours wearing his old cap, pretending to shoot down zeroes.  I got into rpgs when I was 9.  I got my first wargame when I was 11.  My parents took me with them on a road trip to Vegas, and on our way out my mom stopped at a small strip mall just off the strip to get supplies.  There was a hobby store in that mall, and I convinced her to let me check it out.  Inside I saw Avalon Hill's Starship Troopers and just had to get it.  I spent the rest of the trip through Arizona reading the rules and testing it out, and finally bought the book (at a grocery store no less) a few months later.

During the 80's I mostly played a lot of sci-fi games: Battletech at first, then Warhammer 40k.  My circle of friends didn't like historical games, but we did play Axis & Allies on occasion.  I also got into GDWs Test of Arms at the end of the 80's, which was a fun game.

After that work, career and kids kept the gaming activities down.  I bought a large bulk of PG and SWWAS games about 8-10 years ago but didn't play much.  Now I am getting back into the groove.

I have a wide range of interests which sometimes keeps me from focusing too much.  In addition to PG, I also enjoy miniatures games, and I'm currently working on painting US and German armies for I Ain't Been Shot Mum in 20mm.  Sometime I will also get arounf to painting and playing all the Robotech RPG minis I got from the kickstarter, and somewhere in there I will paint the 20 or so blood bowl teams I have.  I also play a lot of strat-o-matic football online, and play in two different online leagues.  The cold war is another topic I have been interested in lately, and I am working on buying old 80's classics I missed.  My latest find is Nato: the Next War In Europe, and I really want to get my hands on SPI's next war in Europe as well.

I have vassal but have not played online games yet, but am always looking for new foes.  

Looking forward to being on the site and forum.  
08-29-2015, 01:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2015, 01:29 AM by vince hughes.)
Hey Jude,

Hi, Have you collected up GDW's Third World War series. I know its all opinion, but that series really hit the 'button' for me as far as NATO - WARSAW PACT strategic games go. Especially so as I was serving in the BAOR at the time of playing most of them. I enjoyed seeing on a games table just what might be over the other side of that 'Iron' fence that we were meant to be stopping LOL
08-29-2015, 02:01 AM,
(08-29-2015, 01:28 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Hey Jude,

Hi, Have you collected up GDW's Third World War series. I know its all opinion, but that series really hit the 'button' for me as far as NATO - WARSAW PACT strategic games go. Especially so as I was serving in the BAOR at the time of playing most of them. I  enjoyed seeing on a games table just what might be over the other side of that 'Iron' fence that we were meant to be stopping LOL

Hi Vince.  Thank you for the recommendation.  The GDW series is one I want, but with the prices I've seen online at $100+ per game, I may have to wait a while.  Unless I can get a copy of the rules and play on vassal, that is.  

Have you played LnL's World at War series?  I got Eisenbach Gap as an Xmas gift and thought it was a fun play.  I think they have a game featuring the BAOR.