Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian Army leaders and Guards units
08-04-2017, 11:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 11:26 AM by Poor Yorek.)
RE: Russian Army leaders and Guards units
FWIW, I wasn't being critical of anyone.  I simply pointed out the truism that the RAW in Broken Axis is not the same what Perryman had written in an earlier reply in this thread (and reiterates above).  

Whether the difference is due to an editing blunder or development decision or gremlins is not in my competence to determine.

Outside of a game rule issue, are there any (documented) citations in the Soviet war literature regarding this matter?  I have always understood "Guards" as being an honorary designation rather than denoting a separate service (from the RKKA) and thus (lacking any other input) would have presumed that Gds & RKKA leaders would (in PG) mutually influence one another.  On the German side, certainly in the later part of the war, Waffen SS officers commanded and were commanded by Heer officers at the army & corps levels, but how that may or may not have translated down to the tactical scale may be another matter and PG seems to take this approach by generally not allowing Waffen SS and Heer leaders/units to interact.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian Army leaders and Guards units - by Poor Yorek - 08-04-2017, 11:25 AM