Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian Army leaders and Guards units
07-27-2017, 11:28 PM,
Russian Army leaders and Guards units
Isn't there a rule somewhere that says a Guards leader can order Guards and Army units, but Army leaders can only order Army units and not Guards? Both my opponent and I remember a rule but we can't find it. 

I'm the Russians and I said we can play with the rule in place but it would be nice to know where we saw it. 

Richard
07-27-2017, 11:57 PM,
RE: Russian Army leaders and Guards units
I think that's normally in the module's special rules.
07-28-2017, 04:20 AM,
Which scenario are you playing?
07-28-2017, 09:31 AM,
Army Group South: Scenario 10 - Panzer Lion III: A promising Start.

And I have to say, I've been playing PG for about 9 years now with John... not a great number of battles as we tend to pick larger ones and play via email and face to face once every 2-3 months and even those battles span several meetings. But, this has been the best game we've had. The setup was cool, lots of armor and Art on both sides, army, SS, Guards, reinforcements coming in on both sides from several map edges. Great fun.

I told John I'll play with the rule in place though it's going to hamper me greatly. It makes some sense though I don't know how historical it is.
07-28-2017, 09:49 AM,
I would check the Eastern Front and Road to Berlin special rules in the front (back?) of the scenario books. That does sound vaguely familiar to me. I'm traveling at the moment so I can't check for you.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-28-2017, 10:18 AM,
It might also be in Heros of the Soviet Union.
07-28-2017, 10:40 AM,
I checked Road to Berlin and Elsenborn Ridge and it wasn't there. At least in the front.
07-28-2017, 11:38 AM,
(07-28-2017, 09:31 AM)richvalle Wrote: Army Group South: Scenario 10 - Panzer Lion III: A promising Start.

And I have to say, I've been playing PG for about 9 years now with John... not a great number of battles as we tend to pick larger ones and play via email and face to face once every 2-3 months and even those battles span several meetings. But, this has been the best game we've had. The setup was cool, lots of armor and Art on both sides, army, SS, Guards, reinforcements coming in on both sides from several map edges. Great fun.

I told John I'll play with the rule in place though it's going to hamper me greatly. It makes some sense though I don't know how historical it is.
   Rich,
      Your interpretation is correct, Guards leaders can direct both Guard and Army units. Army leaders may only direct Army units. If the rule is not in there in should be. Thanks, Mike 

07-28-2017, 01:40 PM,
Thanks Mike. That's what John and I thought, I'm just wondering where we read it at. I'll hunt around this weekend and try to find it.
08-01-2017, 11:22 PM,
Oh, Rich, I'd like to see this scenario. I guess I can preview it in the database.