Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headscratcher PZG Scenario 22 State Farm 861
06-01-2017, 01:15 PM,
Headscratcher PZG Scenario 22 State Farm 861
Well this is the next scenario up in my 100% run of the series that will likely never end before I do : )

Once again, I know that scenario quality and clarity increases as the series goes on, thats why im starting with the early ones so as not to spoil them with the new stuff... that and the nostalgia trip...

Anyways...

SSR 2 tells me to treat all the town hexes on board 2 as clear. Fair enough. No town on board 2.

German alternate victory condition... "The German player can also win by controlling all town hexes on board 2 at the conclusion of the scenario."

What am i supposed to do with this?

Shoutout to the unusual primary win condition if anyone cares to dig out the scenario book and tell me what im misreading here : )
06-01-2017, 02:51 PM,
RE: Headscratcher PZG Scenario 22 State Farm 861
Taken at face value, the Germans really like that field Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-02-2017, 08:00 AM,
Hadn't thought about it like that, I figured one of them must be a typo meaning the town on board 3... but your interpretation makes the scenario seem a bit more unique to me. Low morale Germans keeping Soviet cavalry out of a big open space is a bit like swatting flies I suppose : )
06-02-2017, 10:04 AM,
Oberstleutnant Kustermann's last stand? Big Grin
06-02-2017, 10:05 AM,
Seriously though, it's probably a typo. Does the board layout make more sense as it being Map 3's town? If yes, submit it as scenario errata. "Probable errata" is fine.
06-02-2017, 10:11 AM,
Its essentially a meeting engagement so there is no good way to tell. Either the Germans enter the board and hold their town, or they enter the board and try to take the Soviet town. One or more of the towns may not exist. I really dont know : /
06-04-2017, 05:50 PM,
You logged the play but didn't include an AAR? C'mon man! We want to know what you ended up doing and how it went!
06-05-2017, 03:49 AM,
I kinda burned out on doing AARs unless something profound happened...

The Germans basically cleared out the long woods on board 3 and then sat an laughed at the Soviets across the river who couldn't do a whole lot with an only CAV force trying to avoid casualties. The secondary VC that stirred up this thread never really came into play. Isn't much more to say unfortunately.