Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More home grown house rules
05-29-2017, 08:28 AM,
RE: More home grown house rules
I encourage you to organize these rules into a formal document that's written like the PG rulebook.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
05-29-2017, 10:44 AM,
A couple last things.

1. I wrote up a summary of these rules in my other post here.

2. I am having to pack up my test game (but I did record where the units were) so this probably will conclude this project (at least for now). I am on turn 13 and so far the NK has 10 VPs of casualties and the US only 1. But that US casualty was a result of the interpolation rule that bumped up a NK shot. The NK or falling back and it remains to be sen if the can defend the road until the end of the game but seem to have a fair chance of doing so. I played this scenario before with just the plus die interpolation rule and it was more bloody, but mostly due to teh NK not falling back. Plus I made a really bad move with the NK that lost most of his MCs so the casualties so far don't seem overly excessive for the NK. So far I haven;t had a sniper roll, but that may be because I have not been remembering to check for rolling doubles so that rule has not been checked out. Nor have I had any AFV combat in that both have been overwatching the other with the US player using his/my infantry, to push back the NK armor by threatening assaults on them where then the US armor can fire on them with impunity. Thus I haven't yet been able to test any of the AFV rules so far in this game... which highlights why one might need a Americanization of Emily special scenario rule to serve as an inentive to employ the AFVs sooner.
05-29-2017, 01:20 PM,
(05-29-2017, 08:28 AM)Shad Wrote: I encourage you to organize these rules into a formal document that's written like the PG rulebook.

That sounds like a good idea.

I'll try to do that, but I probably will take a break for a while before I get around to doing that so to let them simmer for a while.

Thanks for the suggestion!

BTW, this version  was more of a brainstorming pass where I was sort of making many of these up as I wrote them with lots of revisions along the way as I thought more about them  and  tried them out in my play test game, sort of what might call spiral development with these being sort of lab notes or a design journal.  To do what you suggest I need to let the dust settle for a while and the try to better organize  them in a more orderly form  as you suggest. Also I think some graphics might help as well for some of these. Also I mixed what the rule  is with why I made it that way and that probably would better be done as two separate documents one being the what the other being the why.