Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Method for interpolating combat values
05-29-2017, 09:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2017, 09:50 AM by RLW.)
RE: Simple Method for interpolating combat values
House rule summary.

I thought I might add a summary here for those who don't wnat to wade through all these post. Here are my house rules that I am now evaluating in my test game.

1. a CRT interpolation rule so every combat factor counts but doesn't  that much alter over all lethality.
2. Two tables of conditions  to  use with the interpolation rule to  reflect special conditions the do not warrant a full fledged +1 or -1  column shift in the CRT but (on the average more like a .5 shift up or down).
3. A set of bug out rules to  assist outnumbered forces to get out of Dodge and avoid being overwhelmed by superior forces.
4. an added fog rule that  can cause a side to have to take an involuntary pass that considers the force leader's ability to command his force at that time based on his state and activity (and  rewards a player to use the commander as a real commander and not just another one of  that side's leaders).
5. Several rules that try to differentiate the capabilities of turreted AFVs vs non turreted plus add a AFV gun duel capability.
6. A sniper rule that abstracts sniper fire but  considers  a number of conditions that might affect that (BTW. this rule probably needs more work)
7. A modification to  the cross fire rule that included movement of the AFV to determine  whether a "cross fire" condition exist (or more precisely flanking fire, for it only requires one shooter to get that flank shot) including the ability for AFVs to employ reverse movement.

.. and maybe a few more, but these are the main ones.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Method for interpolating combat values - by RLW - 05-29-2017, 09:34 AM