Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacific/Asia, give us more!
07-15-2012, 03:41 PM,
Pacific/Asia, give us more!
We would love to see more games/supplements with Japanese in the Pacific/Asia. So far we have the following in the PG line up:

*Guadalcanal, *Jungle Fighting, *Kokoda Trail, *Waltzing Matilda, *Nihon Silk, *Power of The East, *Alaska’s War and a few scenarios from *Secret Weapons.

Thank God we at least have these in the PG series!
Cool
07-15-2012, 11:59 PM,
RE: Pacific/Asia, give us more!
Agree! There is so many good subjects from the Pacific War that PG could do.
07-17-2012, 11:34 AM,
With PG being an infantry centric tactical system it is clear that there are a number of good situations, especially in the land war in Asia where a plethora of interesting high morale/low morale situations will exist. Look how popular these scenarios are in Europe! Look for a morale difference of 2 or higher.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-17-2012, 11:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012, 11:50 AM by JoeBuckeye.)
I think the trick would be finding enough scenarios that would be interesting.

How many times can you play a scenario where the US has overwhelming firepower and is trying to dig the Japanese out of tough defensive terrain?

BTW, just found out about the forums when I came back to PG-HQ since I got into another PG mood. Nice discussions going on here.
07-17-2012, 11:58 AM,
Consider that most of the battles were on the Asian land mass where the Japanese had varying success against the highly varying armies the Chinese and American-equipped Chinese would bring against them. Or consider the battles against the Commonwealth forces in SE Asia.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-17-2012, 12:07 PM,
a small Malaya boxed set would be an ideal starting point for the pacific.
Also Burma should be covered, the forgotten campaign of the commonwealth.
07-17-2012, 11:51 PM,
While I'd desparately love to see boxed sets with maps representing fields and Chinese villages, Mongolia, and the Jungles of southeast Asia, I suspect scenario books are the way this area needs to be published. Support articles with maps and photos (some from the actual battles depicted) would greatly improve the product. Of course, the best sources are in Japanese and Chinese and Dr. B's forte is central and eastern European languages, so there's the rub. There is SO much out there to re-create on the gaming board.
07-18-2012, 06:22 AM,
I'd dearly love to see some sort of "I shall return" campaign game for the Phillippines.
07-18-2012, 07:28 AM,
I wrote about 42 partial scenarios for the Philippines 1941-45 but that was when AP looked like they were going to crash and they wanted to split into two Philippines Games, 1941-42 & 1944-45. I think I lost most of the Material on my old computer but I might still have some information. But it's a lot of work for nothing if AP won't commit to it.

If they would have done it in one game, it would have been a pretty large game, having the Japanese invasion, paradrops on both sides, urban combat in Manila, Jungle fighting, country-side battles, tank engagements, American Invasion and much more. I think at one point I realized the game would never happen so it inspired me to create Nihon Silk, as at least I could put some of my energy from the Philippines into it, with the Japanese Para-drops on the Philippines and one scenario thrown in at the end to show an armor engagement on the Philippines with the Japanese 2nd Armor Division. It also allowed me get some other Pacific areas of action into the PG series and added More Japanese vs American/Dutch/British/Australian actions. So, that is how Nihon Silk came about. Too bad it's only in download format, as I wanted a larger audience to enjoy it. If you do download it, remember there are three small errata's to download to get the correct experience and feel free to not use the hidden rules, as they were never in my version of the game and play tested without them as well.
07-20-2012, 05:01 AM,
There is something in the pipeline! Will update in a few months.