Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arctic Front Deulux - Now i need to find the other games.
02-24-2017, 01:49 AM,
Arctic Front Deulux - Now i need to find the other games.
Right ive just picked up Arctic Front Deulux in a sale, now im aware i need more than this to play the scenarios included it states i need the following.

Eastern Front for most of the them and then Battle of the Bulge and Road to Berilin as well to play them all.

These are out of print and i was wondering if there will be something reprinted to 4th Ed by AH that would make this module playable again?

Or should i just try and find those supplements?

Many Thanks for your time.
Brian 
02-24-2017, 02:15 AM,
RE: Arctic Front Deulux - Now i need to find the other games.
Most of those games are available in a secondary market, some at pretty good prices. Take a look at Enterprise Games http://www.enterprisegames.com/ and Noble Knight Games http://www.nobleknight.com/ or watch on Ebay. Getting Eastern Front or Battle of the Bulge is pretty easy at these or through Ebay. But I'd suggest downloading the 4th edition rules to play with whatever older games you get. That way, you wont need to relearn things when/if you buy some of the newer games.
"Kill them all, let God sort them out."
02-24-2017, 02:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2017, 02:58 AM by plloyd1010. Edit Reason: Left out the supplements plug. )
You can get the 4th Ed rules and charts from here.

I would also watch the BGG marketplace. Find the game you want and click the link, then click on "Market" when the game comes up. You can also fake some of the scenarios with the Kursk games. The infantry and guns are the same, and there isn't much armor until later scenarios.

Oh yeah, get my 1st Soviet supplement, Finnish supplement, and Jäger supplement.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-24-2017, 03:39 AM,
And Fire in the Steppe will include a reissue of maps 1-8.
02-24-2017, 05:06 AM,
(02-24-2017, 03:39 AM)larry marak Wrote: And Fire in the Steppe will include a reissue of maps 1-8.

Yeah this is more of the type of info i was after, ill keep an eye open for the older games as well though.

So the games are totaly convertable to the latest rules? you just swap out the rule books?

I have Kokoda Campaign and Invasion 1944 with the new rules and sheets in just use those?

Cheers all.
02-24-2017, 05:39 AM,
(02-24-2017, 05:06 AM)count_zero99uk Wrote: I have Kokoda Campaign and Invasion 1944 with the new rules and sheets in just use those?

You certainly can. That is the first option. Many people, including myself, have found the background images too distracting. I made some plain backed charts to deal with that issue.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking