Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soviet Strong points in Panzergrenadier (2000)
01-29-2017, 01:58 PM,
Soviet Strong points in Panzergrenadier (2000)
I've been reorganizing my PG games and notebooks, and I've got a quandry.  Per my inventory list #1 came with 2 Soviet strongpoints, the second edition rules that came with the game include a mention of Soviet strong points, and the o.b. listing in the library shows a Soviet strong point.  But I don't have any strong points, and my countertree image for the soviet counters don't include strongpoints.  Were there 2 Soviet strongpoints in #1?
01-29-2017, 02:24 PM,
RE: Soviet Strong points in Panzergrenadier (2000)
It did not include any strongpoints. It did include 2 bunkers though, on the reverse of the train and gunboat counters. Since all of this predated the release of actual strongpoint units in airborne, could this just be inconsistent wording on your lists?

As far as I know the only use of soviet strongpoints was in edelweiss which called for using the german strongpoints from airborne as a stand in, unless something more current has occured that im not aware of.
01-29-2017, 03:00 PM,
Bingo. That's why I couldn't locate 'em. Bunkers are called for in scenario 28 of PanzerGrenadier, and a Soviet bunker with gun deployed is illustrated on page 48 of the scenario book.
01-30-2017, 05:18 AM,
(01-29-2017, 02:24 PM)triangular_cube Wrote: It did not include any strongpoints. It did include 2 bunkers though, on the reverse of the train and gunboat counters. Since all of this predated the release of actual strongpoint units in airborne, could this just be inconsistent wording on your lists?

As far as I know the only use of soviet strongpoints was in edelweiss which called for using the german strongpoints from airborne as a stand in, unless something more current has occured that im not aware of.

Edelweiss IV came with laser cut counters, including 6 strongpoints in Soviet colors.

Peace. Michael
01-30-2017, 05:38 AM,
(01-30-2017, 05:18 AM)Michael Murphy Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 02:24 PM)triangular_cube Wrote: It did not include any strongpoints. It did include 2 bunkers though, on the reverse of the train and gunboat counters. Since all of this predated the release of actual strongpoint units in airborne, could this just be inconsistent wording on your lists?

Edelweiss IV came with laser cut counters, including 6 strongpoints in Soviet colors.

Peace. Michael

Well I was half right, close enough : )
01-30-2017, 10:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2017, 10:27 AM by larry marak.)
Thanks everyone, my "Rage over the Lost Penny" is now over. With these two bunkers and the Soviet strongpoints from Edelweiss IV I can experiment with German attacks on a fully manned and operational Stalin Line (which existed in 1939 and was stripped and abandoned after the Polish partition of 1939. Barbarossa 1940...no PzIV's, no T-34s or KV-1's.

Who knows, this could end up as a booklet for Fire on the Steppes 1940..32 pages, half a counter sheet.