Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd edition Go For Broke
12-18-2016, 07:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2016, 07:50 AM by larry marak.)
2nd edition Go For Broke
Has arrived.  Now includes 2 battle games..the Italian campaign and the French campaign each have cummulative victory conditions.  Maps and counters now come soley from Elsenborn, Invasion, and Liberation, as well as the Nissei countersheet.  And in a subtle political statement, the games' subtitle has been changed from America's Japanese Heroes  to America's Immigrant Heroes, which is a bit of a misnomer and (in my opinion) something of an insult to the men who served.  They were American born soldiers of Japanese ancestry.
12-18-2016, 12:50 PM,
RE: 2nd edition Go For Broke
'America's Immigrant Heroes'

Not sure where that came from. There are plenty of political statements that can be made about this unit and the community it represents (some are in the writeup), but that isn't one of them...
No "minor" country left behind...
12-18-2016, 03:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2016, 03:04 PM by plloyd1010.)
Okay Larry, congratulations. Would you mind making up list of which formations are attached to which scenarios? These re-releases are becoming a bit of a problem. [Image: confused.gif]
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-23-2016, 05:14 AM,
I'll see what I can do. Just have a smartphone, but I can do drafts to send a list. I'm recovering from the installation of a new pacemaker, so I'm stuck in one place for a while. Easier and quicker would be a list of the new map requirements for each scenario.
12-23-2016, 05:22 AM,
Larry, it was a semi-joke. I will need the data eventually. I expect most of the scenarios didn't change as far as formations. Just the order of presentation.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-23-2016, 07:31 AM,
Too late...data on the way. Map listing to follow.
12-23-2016, 07:44 AM,
Okey-dokey.
12-23-2016, 10:17 AM,
Data transmitted.

The one scenario from 1st Go for Broke that didn't make the cut was scenario 30, which used counters from Fronte Russo to represent the armed soldiers of the Repubblica Sociale Italians.  Only scenario published thus far for PG featuring Mussolini's rump state.

Hey plloyd....how about a set of counters in distinctive RSI livery?
12-23-2016, 10:20 AM,
How many of what would be needed?
12-23-2016, 10:23 AM,
"Only scenario published thus far for PG featuring Mussolini's rump state."

Untrue! There is one in First Axis as well.
No "minor" country left behind...