Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird VCs in CoE Scenario 19
11-15-2016, 02:43 AM,
Weird VCs in CoE Scenario 19
I guess this is as good a place as any to post this.  Yesterday I finally had a chance to play a Conquest of Ethiopia Scenario and to play it live.  Alas, due to time constraints we only finished 7 of 20 turns and were just getting into the heart of the action, and it was still fun.

However, the scenario had some weird things.

First, the Italians get points for demoralized Ethiopians on the board at game end, but not for steps eliminated.  So, it seems their objective is to not get 2X results.

Second, the Eritreans enter the west edge, and the Italians get points for exiting off....the west edge.  Now, they get points after turn 10, so yes, they do have to stick around a bit...except that...

Third, there are 2 different listings for VPs for exiting Eritreans off the west edge.  There's the one that  they don't get until after turn 10, and there's a general VP for getting Italians and Eritreans off the west edge.  Are they cumulative?

And, given the whole scenario premise that the Italians are attempting to get back to the fort, and that the Ethiopian rabble (the red 3-1s) come in from the east and stop the Italian OBA because they cut the wires from the fort, why would the Italians be going west?  Doesn't that imply the fort is to the east?

It was fun seeing a group of 24 Ethiopian units being activated by 4 leaders and just moving as this giant yellow blob.

This scenario could also be entitled "Ethiopians, Mr. Rico!  Zillions of em!"  They Ethiopians were charging my machine guns, and I was blowing them away, and more just kept appearing behind them.  And the Ethiopian Regulars in this one are 8/8 troops, so they aren't easy to kill, either!