Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
River Fleets now shipping
10-08-2016, 09:24 AM,
River Fleets now shipping
I received the shipping notice for SGWPG: River Fleets this morning, along with Heat Wave 2016. :-)
10-10-2016, 12:47 AM,
RE: River Fleets now shipping
Got a similar shipping notice yesterday for River Fleets and Heat Wave GJ, but scratching my head as to why they didn't include Dog Days GJ. I ordered that when it first came out and am anxious to try out the elephants on Vassal, but still waiting on the journal to see the rules and scenarios for their use. Huh
10-10-2016, 01:28 AM,
Could dog days be bundled with another item ordered at the same time?
10-12-2016, 02:46 AM,
Just curious, who is listed as designer?
10-12-2016, 05:53 AM,
(10-10-2016, 01:28 AM)larry marak Wrote: Could dog days be bundled with another item ordered at the same time?

That must be the case, although they have mixed orders in the past when they had items in stock. I guess
I'll be waiting until the Steppes and Dunkerque are shipped to see the elephants Undecided
10-12-2016, 07:51 AM,
I know the development team went to great lengths to properly model river movement and conditions. This should bear rich fruit in PGModern Swift Boats, set in the Mekong, and, if they ever get back to it, riverboat combat in the PGACW games we'll be purchasing someday.
02-26-2018, 05:30 PM,
OK, here's my idea: A possible extensive overlay for the Road to Berlin board w/ the large river running N-S. I have no problem w/ a large urban warfare battle w/ armor against infantry. This is the penultimate city battle. I know a lot of people would relegate it to ASL. Makes sense. But it can still be fun at the company level.

Stalingrad, Budapest, Warsaw, Berlin, etc. And the Stalingrad offensive can be a boxed game in itself. Months of open land warfare leading to the city: July 1942-Feb. 2, 1943.

And then there is von Manstein's counteroffensive. There is miles to go before WWII is complete.
02-27-2018, 02:03 AM,
Mike has said the riverboards will definitely be used in future releases though the reissue of River Fleets may make that unnecessary.