Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panzer grenadier: eastern front
10-08-2016, 05:00 AM,
RE: Panzer grenadier: eastern front
No, they are mostly clarifications of 3rd edition rules but also include some changes. I view them as an improvement over 3rd edition; not a major improvement, but definitely an improvement.

Eastern Front was out-of-print before the 4th edition rules were out so there was no commercial reason to update.

I thought Elsenborn Ridge has been shipping with 4th edition rules for some time but as I bought my copy some years ago, I may be wrong about that.
10-08-2016, 05:24 AM,
(10-08-2016, 04:01 AM)Kithikor Wrote: Larry, and whomever. Are the 4th ed. rules bad or something?

The 4th Edition fixed some problems from the 3rd, made a couple worse, and introduced a couple new ones. Overall the new set is better. As always, read them with a critical eye.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-08-2016, 07:12 AM,
No, just more illustrations of play, and a few minor changes mentioned above. And color on the cards. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th edition rules are all iterations of the same concept.
10-19-2016, 11:16 AM,
(10-08-2016, 07:12 AM)larry marak Wrote: No, just more illustrations of play, and a few minor changes mentioned above.  And color on the cards.  2nd, 3rd, and 4th edition rules are all iterations of the same concept.

And Kithikor, you can download the fourth edition rules by ordering a free sample starter game.  Avalanche mails you a mapboard, a counter set, and a link to download the complete Fourth edition rules.