Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panzer grenadier: eastern front
10-06-2016, 09:02 PM,
Panzer grenadier: eastern front
Hello! 
Have a really hard time finding a place that sells this game, even from the Avalanche site. Is this game no longer supported/in print? 
Thanks in advance.
10-06-2016, 09:04 PM,
RE: Panzer grenadier: eastern front
P.S.
I have my eye on this because it's solo play. Sad, I know. Unless there is a better solo game out there.
10-06-2016, 10:00 PM,
This particular game is no longer in print but the system remains very active with several releases each year. The most recent releases are Invasion 44 which is one of two introductory games (along with the Kokoda Campaign) and Broken Axis.

If you are especially interested in the Russian front in 41 Army Geoup South's early battles are being developed now in the new boxed game Fire in the Steppe.
No "minor" country left behind...
10-07-2016, 12:45 AM,
(10-06-2016, 09:04 PM)Kithikor Wrote: I have my eye on this because it's solo play. Sad, I know. Unless there is a better solo game out there.
All games are pretty much equally suitable (or not) for solo play. If you are new to the system, the demo game essentially gives you one run at each aspect of the game. If you want something more expansive, Elsenborn Ridge would be my choice.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-07-2016, 01:06 AM,
Do you mean Avalanche Press's PG Eastern Front, or Omega Games Eastern Front Solitaire.?
10-07-2016, 04:40 AM,
Currently available at the Geek Market for $35 plus shipping.
10-07-2016, 10:10 PM,
So my 3rd Edition copy got misplaced into a different storage container. Thinking it was lost, I was thinking I would get the 4th edition upgrade. Now since I "don't think i need the new update" I can buy Elsenborn Ridge instead ;-D
10-07-2016, 11:26 PM,
Good choice. Eastern Front was never upgraded to fourth edition rules.. Neither was Elsenborn Ridge for that matter.
10-08-2016, 01:41 AM,
Eastern Front will play fine under 4th edition rules.

The main differences are:
1. A few terrain movement costs have changed. The most impactfull are, in my opinion, leg units in fields, motorized and mechanized units on roads and clear terrain.
2. Hills are no longer limiting terrain and no longer provide a defensive benefit if fired upon by a unit at the same height.
3. Fields do not longer block line-of-sight.
4. Assault table is now 2d6 instead of 1d6. The extra variability is excellent in my opinion.
5. There are a lot more optional rules in the 4th edition.
10-08-2016, 04:01 AM,
Larry, and whomever. Are the 4th ed. rules bad or something?