Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos to Peter Lloyd
10-06-2016, 01:06 AM,
RE: Kudos to Peter Lloyd
(10-05-2016, 10:52 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Well Bob, now that you have seen it, what do you really think? Did you find any issues?

Not yet, but I haven't received the Dog Days journal yet either, so all I could do was put some pieces on the board and skirmish a little. Hoping I'll hear from them soon, so I can give it a full workout. Now that Le Campagne de Tunisie is apparently sold out, it would be nice if Dr. Mike would give clearance to Vassalize that. There are some fun scenarios in there, but it might be a bit tough to do as maps from both Conquest of Ethiopia and An Army At Dawn are needed, as well as units from the latter.
And a huge thanks for your efforts on these Vassal mods, as there aren't many PG players out in this neck of the woods. It makes it so easy to get in a HTH match every now and then.
10-06-2016, 01:33 AM,
La Campagne de Tunisie; campagne is a feminine noun in French and thus you need to use the "la" article.

You may be scared now that you know that the guy editing the scenarios and special rules is a non-native English speaker who never took an English class in his life.  I believe Mike makes some changes after I am done but I have no clue how much does he revise the text.
10-06-2016, 01:41 AM,
(10-06-2016, 01:06 AM)Schoenwulf Wrote: Now that Le Campagne de Tunisie is apparently sold out, it would be nice if Dr. Mike would give clearance to Vassalize that. There are some fun scenarios in there, but it might be a bit tough to do as maps from both Conquest of Ethiopia and An Army At Dawn are needed, as well as units from the latter.

Technically it isn't that hard, it just takes time. The biggest hurdle is usually good map graphics. I have managed to acquire or recreate most of the counter images needed for most games, but when it comes to maps, I mostly just have scans to work with. Stitching and aligning them is where problems come in.

Before LCdT, there would need to be a base module of AoD. So first we need to get that to fly with Dr. Mike. Then an extension with the CoE maps and LCdT counters. It would look like Dog Days, just bigger. There would be one other trick that I have yet to try, combining decks. LCdT adds 3 French leaders, I am not sure how that would work.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-06-2016, 02:22 PM,
Quote:La Campagne de Tunisie; campagne is a feminine noun in French and thus you need to use the "la" article.

Well, it should be masculine :-) My last French lesson was about 40 years ago, so I would be in trouble. However, I did survive my bucket list day in Normandy last July...and thanks for the great job on the supplement. It was a lot of fun to play through and very informative; ergo, I'd love to have a chance to play some of those scenarios online.
10-08-2016, 01:27 AM,
My daughter is studying French now and it's forcing me back into it (haven't spoken in a decade, haven't studied in decades). The proper use of adjectives and masculine/feminine is killing me, but it's coming back, slowly.