Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos to Peter Lloyd
09-30-2016, 02:53 AM,
Kudos to Peter Lloyd
We now have the first PGSGW vassal module!  You can now mahout your elephants and deploy helicopters in PG! Shy
09-30-2016, 03:56 AM,
RE: Kudos to Peter Lloyd
I downloaded it and installed it. When I brought it up to play, there were no German units? Am I missing something, besides the elephants that is?
09-30-2016, 08:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2016, 08:18 AM by plloyd1010.)
Did you add the extension to the Kokoda Trail module? The German units will appear when you click the combat units button. There will be a tab titled German Marines.

Don't forget the readme file in there. It explains a couple of the quirky things I needed to do.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-30-2016, 02:01 PM,
(09-30-2016, 08:00 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Did you add the extension to the Kokoda Trail module? The German units will appear when you click the combat units button. There will be a tab titled German Marines.

Don't forget the readme file in there. It explains a couple of the quirky things I needed to do.

When I download the file from AP site, I get the same file (OLMO16) to download whether I click on the Vassal Extension link in today's homepage or the link for the game in the online store. It's a 31,456 Kb file that shows up as "KokodaVASSAL1p2", and there is no associated text file, just a Vassal mod file. I tried uninstalling and downloading both links again, but it appears that it is just a single game file that brings up the Australian and Japanese units. Maybe I'm missing something?
09-30-2016, 04:01 PM,
The file I uploaded was 2ndGW in New Guinea.zip. Just unzip it somewhere convenient. There will be 2 files then: 2ndGW in New Guinea.vmdx and German Marines Readme.rtf. Open Vassal. Right click on the Kokoda entry, and choose Add Extension. Work your way to 2ndGW in New Guinea.vmdx and click OK.Vassal will make a Kokoda extension subdirectory and put a copy of 2ndGW in New Guinea.vmdx in it. Now when you open the Kokoda module, it will add the Dog Days extension, and any other active extensions you have installed. I can try to get the extension form APL, later this weekend, if you are still having trouble.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-01-2016, 06:42 AM,
Quote:The file I uploaded was 2ndGW in New Guinea.zip. Just unzip it somewhere convenient.
If this file is supposed to come up when the "Vassal Extension" link in yesterday's Daily Content on AP's homepage is clicked, it doesn't. When that link is clicked and the file is ordered for download, one gets the "KokodaVASSAL1p2" file, the same one that is downloaded when the KC Vassal file is ordered? Is there someplace else to download the aforementioned "2ndGW in New Guinea.zip." file? It would be fun to try it out.
10-01-2016, 07:50 AM,
It sounds like it. Dr. Mike might have his links mixed up.
10-01-2016, 08:32 AM,
I wrote to Dr. Mike. The pave link has been fixed.
10-01-2016, 10:24 AM,
That was the issue. Got it downloaded and installed. Will have to check it out more thoroughly this weekend as time permits. Thanks for following up with him, as there may be others that would be experiencing the same situation.
10-05-2016, 10:52 PM,
Well Bob, now that you have seen it, what do you really think? Did you find any issues?