Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hidden units and transports
09-15-2016, 01:19 AM,
hidden units and transports
  I have another rules question.  Hopefully the PGHQ community will respond soon to this and the question I posted yesterday about light woods.

Can transports be hidden with combat units and count as one unit hidden?  For example, I may hide three units.  I'm hiding three AT gun batteries.  It makes sense their transports would be hidden with them, but the scenario permits only three hidden units.  If the transports may not be hidden and I locate them near the guns I'm tipping off their location, which compromises the effectiveness of the hidden units.

It seems to me the hidden units rule should specify that combat units are to be hidden, and non-combat unit transports may also be hidden with them without being counted among the number limit for hidden units.
09-15-2016, 08:13 AM,
RE: hidden units and transports
No, transport units are units and count towards the number of hidden units.

If your opponent agrees that transport unit should not count towards that limit if hidden with a gun, do so, it will not tilt the balance in any significant (we've done it on occasions). What I generally do is set up the transport units not-hidden where they can get to their gun in a turn or two, which still covers a wide area for my opponent to not be sure of their location.

You will see something similar to what you suggested in your last paragraph in a future game. And thanks for the feedback because it confirms what we suspected.
09-15-2016, 09:51 AM,
His opponent is a rat bastard and refuses to allow this if it's not in the rules!

Oh wait... the opponent is me. Smile Yeah, I said it was fine. Seems fair enough.
09-15-2016, 12:21 PM,
(09-15-2016, 09:51 AM)richvalle Wrote: His opponent is a rat bastard and refuses to allow this if it's not in the rules!

Oh wait... the opponent is me.  Smile  Yeah, I said it was fine. Seems fair enough.

Thanks, Rich, let's do it as I proposed, and keep that in mind in the future.

BTW, you're still a rat bastard.   Tongue