Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokoda Campaign Counters
09-01-2016, 06:31 AM,
Kokoda Campaign Counters
Does anyone know where there is a post of the front and back sides of the large countersheet for Kokoda Campaign, the one with Japanese and US Marines? The sheet that I received was slightly off-center, not enough to to deem it unplayable, but after the counters were removed and corner-clipped, some of the movement ranges, particularly on the back side of artillery, are illegible. Thanks to anyone that can point me to the right site to find this, as it's not on BGG and only the front sides are here in the order of battle.
09-01-2016, 11:47 AM,
RE: Kokoda Campaign Counters
I will see if I can scan it in B&W at work tomorrow.
09-01-2016, 12:55 PM,
Simbase and Grognards used to have scans, but now the links don't seen to go anywhere. What sort of scans do you need?

Remember, no marines were harmed in the making of Kokoda Campaign. Did the captured Italian tanks stay with the Australians?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-01-2016, 01:18 PM,
The counters are actually left over from Afrika Korps and Guadalcanal so reviewing BGG for those items should get you what you need for the Australians. I noted that Guadalcanal does not show the back side of the units.

Another way to find this information, however, is to use PG-HQ's unit library where each unit type in the game's universe is catalogued with its fire factors and movement both front and back.
No "minor" country left behind...
09-01-2016, 01:31 PM,
Peter, it's Countersheet 1 from Guadalcanal.
09-01-2016, 08:24 PM,
I know that Dan. The point of the question is color or B&W scans. I noted that you had B&W ones.
Also as I alluded to, AK sheet 4 had some captured Italian tanks. Specifically a M11/39 and a 2 M13/40. Since the GC countersheet was used without alteration, I presume the AK one was too. It also makes me curious as to what happened with the other 4 from those games.

Anyway Bob, I have color scans and individual svg's of everything. I made the Vassal module, remember?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-01-2016, 10:56 PM,
I had checked BGG, but no back side of Sheet #1, and the library here doesn't really have all back sides, e.g. the toughest ones are the artillery, where one can't see if it's a "T" or a "1" on the back (70mm). It would easier just to have Sheet 1 as a reference for those. Hadn't thought of the Vassal module as a source, but will be playing it this weekend and will see if I can just grab the needed backside pix from there and put them in a pdf to print off. But if anyone has a good color scan of the backside, please pm me, and thanks to those who responded.
09-01-2016, 11:23 PM,
All IJA guns have a limbered movement of 1, except for the 37mm AA and 105mm howitzer.
Set you a PM with what you will need.
09-02-2016, 12:45 AM,
Just in case this information is useful to someone having a similar issue.

Go to the main site (pg-hq.com)
Select Games from the Library menu located on the left side of the page. This displays the Games page.
Click the image of the game of interest. This displays its page,
Click Display Order of Battle to expand the section and display all unit types in at least one of the game's scenarios.
Click the image of the unit you are researching. This displays the page for this specific unit.
Look up its Movement Class and Movement Points values. A towed in its movement class means the unit has a "T" on its reverse side.
09-08-2016, 02:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016, 02:13 AM by plloyd1010.)
Anyone who picked up the updated Kokoda module before last Saturday should get it again. I found a couple errors and sent the corrected module to Dr. Mike. He put it up Saturday morning. The older one is playable, but there will be things like status flags across some counters and similar stupid mistakes.

As always, if you find anything, let me know.