Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken Axis woods
08-16-2016, 07:50 AM,
Broken Axis woods
I failed to notice any indication regarding the woods status of Broken Axis maps. There are clearly two types of woods represented but, knowing the very dense and impressive Romanian forests, I'm wondering if they represent the usual Light woods/woods or the more probable woods/Heavy woods.  A hint someone ?
08-16-2016, 10:03 AM,
RE: Broken Axis woods
I only developed 5 scenarios (and very late in the project as that) and used Woods/Light Woods for these 5 scenarios.

I have not yet received my copy of the game for some reason and thus cannot check if some scenario special rules have them as Woods/Heavy Woods.
08-17-2016, 10:00 AM,
Leonard,

I found only three scenarios in which the "Other" instructions mentions woods.

Operation Katja, Sc. 3, "ignore all regular and light woods terrain on elevated hexes (treat as clear)".
Operation Katja, Sc. 6, ditto
Romania Mare, Sc. 5, "treat all light woods hexes as regular woods hexes."

I found no reference to heavy woods. So it would appear that the default is Light/Regular Woods.
08-18-2016, 12:36 AM,
Thanks for checking PY!
08-18-2016, 02:15 AM,
(08-17-2016, 10:00 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: Leonard,

I found only three scenarios in which the "Other" instructions mentions woods.  

Operation Katja, Sc. 3, "ignore all regular and light woods terrain on elevated hexes (treat as clear)".
Operation Katja, Sc. 6, ditto
Romania Mare, Sc. 5, "treat all light woods hexes as regular woods hexes."

I found no reference to heavy woods.  So it would appear that the default is Light/Regular Woods.

Thanks again !