Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New player, what did I get?
07-09-2016, 12:24 PM,
RE: New player, what did I get?
You're actually in pretty good shape..you've got an enhanced Deluxe Eastern Front set, with the addition of scenarios from Red Warriors and Workers and Peasants. Sort out the markers from the combat units. One set of 200 assorted will cover every PG game you ever own. The UC side of some of the counters were for an under construction engineering rule that was never published.
07-09-2016, 12:29 PM,
(07-09-2016, 06:37 AM)deathninja Wrote: The other mystery are these:

[Image: File%2008-07-2016%2021%2029%2051.jpeg]

Look like homebrew counters, some are common units but some are marked "Sturm" 7-2 / 3/2 and "PSK" 2-5 6-0 (single sided). All Heer. No idea where they're from.

Yes, those are mine. They are the regimental filler for the 1945 Volksgrenadier regiment from C&C: War in the East, and for in the Invasion of Germany series/book (were Heers support units were used in Volksgrenadier formations). I made the supplement to go with the APL Volksgrenadier download.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-09-2016, 12:46 PM,
Starting to wonder if this fella bought part of Vince's collection? How many such diehard former players could there be in the U.K.?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-09-2016, 08:38 PM,
Had another look with fresh eyes this morning, found all 8 maps for Eastern Front, and what I think are the four countersheets. Unpunched :o

- Eastern Front 1
- Eastern Front 2
- Road to Berlin 4
- Countersheet 4 (Markers)

Also have another countersheet 4, did South Flank use die-cut markers or should they be laser-cut (well, cooked in this case, must be an early run...) like the units?
07-09-2016, 09:27 PM,
(07-09-2016, 12:46 PM)Shad Wrote: Starting to wonder if this fella bought part of Vince's collection? How many such diehard former players could there be in the U.K.?

Shad,

No not mine .. Or certainly not in that disordered state LOL.

The only Volksgrenadiers I downloaded were the basic ones. Didn't make any of those 7-2 STURM units. It's a shame he's in Leicester and not down here otherwise I'd help him personally. I still have quite a few bits to offload anyway (and they are all nicely packed and ordered in bead boxes or their own original box depending on the set Smile ).
07-10-2016, 12:32 AM,
South Flank was first released with laser-cut counters. Now it's die-cut but the nibs are on the sides, not the corners.
07-10-2016, 08:48 AM,
It's a first ed. copy of Kursk (with the photo of a T-34 on it), definately where the laser cut counters have come from, but I can't tell what information counters came from it, I suspect they were just a normal diecut sheet? (move/fire/minefields/wrecks etc.)
07-10-2016, 10:25 AM,
Informationmarker countersheet may have been the normal die-cut countersheet, the die-cut countersheet with more purple-ish counters, laser-cut countersheet, or the new die-cut countersheet with nibs on the side.

The first two are identical except for the color. The laser-cut countersheet is almost identical to the first two (I think one minefield marker has a different value than before). I believe the die-cut countersheet is identical to the laser-cut countersheet but I never checked.

All of the the marker countersheets work fine with any game. It's just a preference to which one you like best.
07-11-2016, 12:22 AM,
Right, finally got everything sorted (for the most part):

- Eastern Front Deluxe(First Edn.) - All countersheets, third ed. rules and TEC/Assault and Bombard/Fire chart, plus 'mini' turn chart.

- Kursk, South Flank (First Edn.) - All countersheets, third ed. rules and TEC/Assault and Bombard/Fire chart, plus 'mini' turn chart.

- Heroes of the Soviet Union - Missing Truck 1324 and a few disruption counters. Second Ed rules (w/ the dude on the front), second Ed. TEC/Assault and Bombard/Fire chart, plus full page turn chart.

- Beyond Normandy - Missing nearly all info. markers, missing 1 Sherman and 1 M3 (not sure if it's a Bren or Truck on reverse), missing 1 SS Panther, 2 SS Grenadiers and the Heer 50mm AT gun. Second Ed. rules (no dude on cover), second Ed. TEC/Assault and Bombard/Fire chart, plus full page turn chart.

- Workers & Peasants (First Printing). - Complete, assuming there was only a countersheet and no charts/tables.

- Red Warriors - Complete, assuming there was only a countersheet and no charts/tables.

- Peter's '45 counters.

Left over with 2 sets of spare TEC/Assault and Bombard/Fire charts, interestingly one references Rule 4.9 for a Major River, first edition rules maybe? Also have a spare mini turn track. I suspect all of these are from other parts of the guy's collection, unless any came with W&P/RW?

Finally, found laminated copies of the 4th Ed. charts and tables, plus this, wherever it's from:
[Image: File%2010-07-2016%2015%2017%2033.jpeg]
07-11-2016, 12:50 AM,
The chart is from Cassino '44. It was definitely an improvement over earlier PA's.

Your Workers & Peasants and Red Warriors copies are complete.