Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Tank Leaders
03-27-2016, 11:21 AM,
Tank Leaders
In Scenario # 4 of An Army at Dawn, the setup for the USA specifically indicates "Leaders: None", although all of the units are AFV platoons (11 closed-top; 2 open-top neither of which are APC's according to the Special Rules). Since there are no regular or tank leaders in the scenario for the USA, and the scenario occurs well before 1944, the AFV platoons are leaderless. Ergo, according to the rules, they may not initiate an assault or move closer to an enemy unit that can spot them (6.81). Is that a proper interpretation of the rules, which makes  this a much more interesting scenario for the US?
03-27-2016, 02:31 PM,
RE: Tank Leaders
(03-27-2016, 11:21 AM)Schoenwulf Wrote: In Scenario # 4 of An Army at Dawn, the setup for the USA specifically indicates "Leaders: None", although all of the units are AFV platoons (11 closed-top; 2 open-top neither of which are APC's according to the Special Rules). Since there are no regular or tank leaders in the scenario for the USA, and the scenario occurs well before 1944, the AFV platoons are leaderless. Ergo, according to the rules, they may not initiate an assault or move closer to an enemy unit that can spot them (6.81). Is that a proper interpretation of the rules, which makes  this a much more interesting scenario for the US?
Schoenwulf,
     Check the special rule section in front of the scenario book. I don't have the game in front of me but I believe all American tank units in the game have an inherent tank leader. While the tankers had seen no combat they had been well trained. Thanks, Mike
03-27-2016, 03:03 PM,
RE: Tank Leaders
Mike....duh...oh! It's there and I missed it.....thanks for the quick reply!