Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guadalcanal counter and caves
03-13-2016, 11:53 AM,
Guadalcanal counter and caves
Some of the scenerios use SNLF 37 mm aa gun, one of the erata says to use one from waltzing matilda  which is an anti tank gun. I may have missed this during my searching but cant seem to find the correct one. Is it an aa gun or anti tank gun?
 Question 2 is why caves would not have a directional field of fire out of the hex side, it sees that you would just by pas raher than engage.
03-13-2016, 01:28 PM,
RE: Guadalcanal counter and caves
To the first question, it is an Antitank gun.
[Image: 1044-0.png?58568]
In a pinch the army one from Saipan would suffice. Keep in mind that when the Japanese navy and army are in the same scenario, they probably should not cooperate.

To your second question, you are technically correct. The marines would work to bypass caves, or get above them at the front, when possible. Something to keep in mind though is that these are cave complexes, not just a hole in the ground. I personally suspect that the 360° fire chosen as a game simplification. I can certainly imaging a couple of reasons for that.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-14-2016, 06:54 AM,
Caves would normally have one facing. Modified caves and spider hole tunnels would have multiple facings and overlapping fields of fire if the defenders had adequate preparation time.
03-14-2016, 10:46 AM,
Remember the scale of the game. We are dealing with hexes that are 200 meters across and talking about a "cave" that can accommodate up to 120-150 men or 100 men and several heavy weapons. In such a circumstance we are not talking about a single cave with a single entrance, we are talking about a fortified complex which includes a subterranean portion.
No "minor" country left behind...