Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patronage
01-08-2016, 05:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2016, 05:16 PM by vince hughes.)
RE: Patronage
(01-08-2016, 03:31 PM)J6A Wrote: What's all this about Vince not playing anymore?

And yeah, I'll kick in, although I think you're making a profit now!

Long story Josh, but in short, fed up with the direction of the series, quality of maps, counters, errata and Game Co. Big Grin And I'll leave it at that rather than re-hash a boring subject as that boat has long sailed.

But, aber, mais, ma, pero, however ..... I still like hanging round in the old 'hood with some of the homies! And I'm also not some bitter old lemon either. For example, where rules Q's pop up or some other query I can help out on, I will and do. Nothing worse than one of those saddos on some other sites where they continually log-in to bitch over something they have now given up. Don't want to be that guy as there is still a few nuggets of conversation here amongst it all and some nuggets that are PG characters that I have come to know through my PG gaming years with them or 'chatting' here.
01-09-2016, 03:01 AM,
Forgive us Vince if we keep trying to lure you back! Very, very glad you are here.
No "minor" country left behind...
01-10-2016, 03:03 AM,
(01-08-2016, 03:31 PM)J6A Wrote: And yeah, I'll kick in, although I think you're making a profit now!

One of our patrons elected to make a generous one-off contribution so the January numbers are a bit skewed.

And there's no profit to be made, it all goes to the site server fees in the end, whether that is this month, next, or futher into the future. Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
01-15-2016, 07:56 PM,
Lastly, you brought us the inestimable Wayne Baumber

Actually I brought Vince back into war-gaming, although He did introduce me to PG. What does inestimable mean? I hope it means super sexy if somewhat average gamer
01-16-2016, 01:28 AM,
So, does Patreon take a cut? I put in my $3/month pledge and I notice the total only went up by $2.59.
01-16-2016, 02:16 AM,
Yes; there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Unless you're as super sexy as Wayne and women would die to buy you lunch.
01-16-2016, 04:36 AM,
"women would die to buy you lunch. "

Get them to prepay...
No "minor" country left behind...
01-16-2016, 05:05 AM,
(01-16-2016, 01:28 AM)J6A Wrote: So, does Patreon take a cut?  I put in my $3/month pledge and I notice the total only went up by $2.59.

Patreon takes a cut as the service provider, and the CC company takes a cut for payment processing.

Normally that would be invisible to the end customer (you), but awhile back people using Patreon lobbied to have the "real value" displayed on their pages rather than the gross donation value because they felt showing the gross donation value discouraged donations past a certain point.

I'm in favor of transparency. Processing fees suck, but this is the nature of the business.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...