Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
one more reason why PG needs to go to China.. .
09-06-2015, 12:25 AM,
one more reason why PG needs to go to China.. .
We know all the good reasons already...China was the second Russian front...the island campaigns were never more than a side show.  But we really  need Jay to do an AAR on a scenario with a lot of close assaults so he can title it "Everyone was kung fu fighting."
09-06-2015, 04:28 AM,
RE: one more reason why PG needs to go to China.. .
Only if you saw the movies. :-)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-06-2015, 05:05 AM,
Well China comes to us in the Korean War: Intervention.
10-01-2015, 10:23 AM,
A GREAT topic for a PG in China design...Xinjian Wars, 1934 through 1947. If you want to know where Stalin got the idea to attack eastern Poland while the Poles were fighting off the German army, check out the 1934-5 campaign. Stalin invades China and sets up a puppet state on the one hand, while arming the nationalists in their war against the Japanese with the other. Great cast of characters. Nationalists, Communists, Uigar separatists, Red Russians, White Russians. Multiple incidents and leaders. Stalin ended up giving back Xinjian, otherwise called East Turkestan, in 1947.
10-01-2015, 12:27 PM,
(09-06-2015, 05:05 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Well China comes to us in the Korean War: Intervention.

Well these Chinese will be arriving.
[Image: th?id=OIP.Mdb193c776bca36e8c9381add4589f...=300&h=300]

What about these Chinese?
[Image: Emblem_of_the_Kuomintang.jpg]

Or these Chinese?
[Image: Coat_of_arms_of_Manchukuo.png]

Turning up in the future?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-27-2015, 11:38 PM,
PG needs to go to China because I'm in China. I've been waiting here 8 fucking years for a PG module so I can go play a scenario ON THE BATTLEFIELD! Tongue
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-28-2015, 05:58 AM,
Shad, I kind of started researching the subject with the intent to do it and have called it: War of Resistance, Chinese-Japanese War 1937-1945.

But with that said, I will not invest 400 hours in that project until AP/Mike caughts up on all the rest of my submitted game designs of the last few years: Korean War - Counter Attack, Korean War - Intervention, Korean War Allies, Philippines 1941-42, Philippines 1944-45 and Sicily 1943.

Once those are published, I'll be happy to do: War of Resistance, Chinese-Japanese War 1937-1945. I Believe I have enough material to do it but the translation is no piece of cake, so I will not send the time until AP is caught up. I would also like to do a Korean War Cold War hypothetical 1953-54 where Soviet have their try at the Korean Peninsula with Chinese troops backing them up.

So the War in China is in me to do and I read some material but stopped short of putting it on paper and doing more research as I feel I'll be wasting my time until AP kicks out some more games. Lets hope you don't have to wait another 8 years Andrew!

Best bet until than is the third Korean War title called Intervention where the Chinese have their offensive push into Korean and will is a very cool game at that. Hopefully more people will show their interest in the Korean War games, so get AP to push them through faster.

Jay
11-28-2015, 09:37 AM,
I can't wait for the Korean War series to come to fruition!!! I have Pusan Perimeter, and I am anxiously awaiting Counterattack. GDW did a War of Resistance for their Europa series (actually I think it was GRD, not GDW). Fantastic game as I recall. I don't own it (one of a very few Europa series titles I don't own) but I enjoyed playing it at our old club when I lived up north (Finding historical players down here in Florida is tough as they mostly like to play W40K and I'm REALLY tired of wiping the board clear of Orcs with my Blood Angels)!!!

+1 vote for Chinese, be it Korean War or War of Resistance!!!!