Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4e Dem units have to flee Assault in Ent?
11-16-2015, 04:22 AM,
4e Dem units have to flee Assault in Ent?
Which rule takes precedent for defenders of assault in Ents? 

14.31 - Exception: A demoralized leader or unit in a hex containing an entrenchment is not required to flee, but may do so if desired. See also 14.35.

Or 14.35 - Demoralized units in an assault hex that fail a morale check must exit the hex, and may move only one hex when doing so

14.31 says to see 14.35 but doesn't say if it applies or not. My inclination is that they have to bounce out of the hex.
11-16-2015, 08:08 AM,
RE: 4e Dem units have to flee Assault in Ent?
I think assault is the difference. Units will take fire and hunker down in the entrenchment even when demoralized, but once that hex is under assault they'll flee if they fail their morale check.
11-18-2015, 01:14 AM,
You need to use flamethrowers when assaulting Ents. That's the only weapon Sauruman used which had any effect on the Tree-Men.
11-18-2015, 04:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2015, 04:50 AM by Poor Yorek.)
Rich,

I submit that the citation of 14.35 by 14.31 (Exception: A demoralized leader or unit in a hex containing an entrenchment is not required to flee, but may do so if desired. See also 14.35.) is to the fact that, should a demoralized unit CHOOSE to flee an assault hex in which the defending/demoralized unit is defending in an Entrenchment, it must abide by the move one hex codicil.

So I would suggest that a DEM unit failing a morale check whilst defending vs. an assault in an ENT need not flee, but if it does so voluntarily, it must still abide by the one-hex rule 14.35.  

PY
11-18-2015, 07:27 AM,
"should a demoralized unit CHOOSE to flee an assault hex in which the defending/demoralized unit is defending in an Entrenchment, it must abide by the move one hex codicil."

+1
No "minor" country left behind...