Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combat movement and fleeing
09-28-2015, 04:47 AM,
Combat movement and fleeing
Hi,

I have some questions:

1-For combat movement and fleeing, is a demoralized enemy unit considered capable of harming a friendly unit?

2-If a demoralized unit fails a rally and is in a safe hex, can it take the option of fleeing?

3-In combat movement a unit not activated by a leader can't move closer to an enemy unit even if the unit is in an assault hex or have Moved/Fire marker on it. Is it the same for a fleeing unit?

Thanks a lot for answer. 
09-28-2015, 12:41 PM,
RE: Combat movement and fleeing
1 - No
2 - Subject to interpretation. The rule says "may be driven deeper into cover". We decided it meant if fired upon in anyway be fore trying to rally, it could flee deeper into cover.
3 - Not applicable. For a unit to enter an assault hex, it must be good order and activated by a leader.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-28-2015, 09:55 PM,
My question 3 was not clear, I mean:
A unit in an assault hex or marked with Move/Fire is still considered capable of harming an enemy unit for combat movement, is it the same for fleeing?
For example can a fleeing unit move closer to such a unit?
Thank you very much for your answers.
09-28-2015, 11:35 PM,
They are considered the same. A demoralized unit must flee away from an opposing unit in an assault hex which could reach it with direct fire. You definitely cannot move closer to it unless in so doing the movement puts you farther away from the closest enemy unit (e.g. I am adjacent to one enemy but three hexes away from the unit in the assault hex and the only possible hex to which I can flee is two hexes away from both).
No "minor" country left behind...
09-29-2015, 02:35 AM,
Thank you very much.
10-05-2015, 08:25 PM,
"2-If a demoralized unit fails a rally and is in a safe hex, can it take the option of fleeing?"

NO.

The rule 14.32 is clear:

"Once a fleeing demoralized unit reaches a safe hex, it must stop moving and remain in the safe hex until it recovers".
La guerra è bella, ma incomoda.