Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointed... again
09-21-2015, 07:52 AM,
Disappointed... again
I've been away at NAS Jacksonville for the Chief Petty Officer initiation season (I'm a Navy Chief). I just returned to find some mail on my desk, and I was very happy to see a package from AP. The contents included the Land Cruisers supplement, and the previously ordered Texas Division.

I'm starting to believe that Quality Control/Quality Assurance must be an after thought. Both sets of counters are lacking, in my opinion. The Texas division counters are very dark; to the point where the unique patch is indistinguishable on the tabletop, from the standard eye-in-the-sky view. I can deal with that, as the print quality is good. What really irks me is, once again, the counters that I received (Land Cruisers) suffered some sort of print anomaly whereby the names and numbers seem to be superimposed. It looks like double vision. Someone here told me that this was due to vibration during the print process (when the same thing happened to my Saipan counters).  I'm really getting annoyed at this lack of QC/QA!!!! These things aren't cheap, and I expect a little more quality assurance if AP wants to continue earning my $$$. I've always been a proponent of supporting a company's products direct from market versus third party, but if this is what I'm going to expect going forward, then I'll just wait for someone to get tired of their collection and pick it up on Ebay!!!

Messages In This Thread
Disappointed... again - by Coniglius - 09-21-2015, 07:52 AM
RE: Disappointed... again - by larry marak - 09-22-2015, 12:17 AM
RE: Disappointed... again - by JayTownsend - 09-29-2015, 09:36 AM