Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting close to a new round of pre-orders
09-16-2015, 03:37 AM,
Getting close to a new round of pre-orders
according to insider 83...seems like Avalanche is building up a full head of steam.......
09-16-2015, 04:20 AM,
RE: Getting close to a new round of pre-orders
My problem is, some promised games I promote on other websites keep getting pushed back.
09-16-2015, 06:05 AM,
Never mind,
long life to you, Jay!
:-)
09-16-2015, 06:51 AM,
I like the sounds of them, but I think they are geared for attracting new players rather than for many of us. I will have to watch for more details, though. If something comes along that fills the space left by an out-of-production game that I don't have, then I will probably jump on it.

Tom Oxley
09-16-2015, 07:49 AM,
They also reuse maps, something which take a long lead time. The limited appeal and number of counters also allow them to be printed by the laser-cut counter manufacturer which again avoid having to go the longer route (die-cut counter manufacturer).

My guess is they generate additional revenues while avoiding the usual production bottlenecks.
09-23-2016, 01:31 PM,
Well, its been a year since I noted Avalanche was getting up steam. Kokoda and Invasion came out. Apparently the great enhancement and printed download deluge has left us about where we were 370 days ago. Can't complain..we've received 4 PG enhancements, one more to ship any day, 2 Golden Journals with PG expansions for Kokoda and Invasion 1944, one completely new PG game, one carefully reworked game using preexisting counters and maps. Still hoping to see Counterattack soon, though I wouldn't be surprised to see Fire in the Ukraine first, as it uses pre-exising countersheets.
09-23-2016, 01:39 PM,
Fire in the Steppe, not Ukraine.
09-24-2016, 03:10 AM,
I have plenty of PG to play (and yet, I keep ordering more of the historical titles). I would like to see them put some effort into the other lines for which I have paid. I'm close to asking for refunds on some. I mean, that money would just go on to other PG products, and while I don't mind fronting them some money, 1-2 years should be plenty of time.
09-24-2016, 07:10 AM,
(09-24-2016, 03:10 AM)J6A Wrote: I have plenty of PG to play (and yet, I keep ordering more of the historical titles).  I would like to see them put some effort into the other lines for which I have paid.  I'm close to asking for refunds on some.  I mean, that money would just go on to other PG products, and while I don't mind fronting them some money, 1-2 years should be plenty of time.

I'm with you Joshuaaaaa.  Would sure like to see Fall of Empires and Lawrence of Arabia soon.  From what I understand Avalanche has a developer available for PG modern and two games ready for Infantry Attacks without a person in charge of development.
     In house development is always the last resort option, because the designer's biggest opponent is always his memories of how the game should play.

Apparently 3rd edition GWAS rules, and 2nd edition SWWAS rules are now completed and ready to be consumed in mass quantities.
09-24-2016, 08:34 AM,
I thought Mike wrote on CSW that AvP found a developer for the Infantry Attack series, and only the Rome at War series still needed one.