Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Land Cruisers
09-09-2015, 02:27 AM,
Land Cruisers
You can view how land cruisers work by clicking the following Daily Content link.

Please let me know what you think of the format because I will definitely do something similar to support future games. You can leave your comments or send me a private email.  I am interested in specifics (what work, didn't work, can be improved upon), especially if you're a relatively new player (the primary audience I am targeting).  

Thanks!
Hugmenot
09-09-2015, 09:54 AM,
RE: Land Cruisers
Haven't seen an example of play at that level of detail since Doug McNair was system developer.

I wonder if control sheets, similar to carrier displays from GWAS SWWAS might be a better way to indicate troops and officers being transported, as moving 3 standard counters beneath one double length counter might be a bit clumsy.

The Alsace theatre of operations will get pretty heated in the near future.
09-09-2015, 12:48 PM,
Nice work, Daniel! And Matt!

-Jim
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
09-10-2015, 02:35 AM,
Thanks for the comments, guys. The carrier displays would be cool but the hex by hex treatment of "where" the carried units are makes it necessarily messy. We did have some odd looking stacks. As you will see, we don't expect that their use within the SGW will extend much beyond the initial campaigns so further development of the PG product is probably pretty limited. This is, of course, highly dependent on the market for such odd ducks!
No "minor" country left behind...
09-15-2015, 05:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2015, 07:42 AM by larry marak.)
OMG! Just read the end-leaf to Land Cruisers. Not only is the Marak class butt-ugly and badass, but could it be these two classes are just LIGHT CRUISERS?

I was dreaming about fighting off a Pterydactyl attack last night. Must I now dread 900 ton armed and armored Land Dreadnoughts? Only the shadow knows......

The above is just speculation of course...for all I know the Kaiser has a gas-bag that can air-drop on of these things in Paris!!
09-15-2015, 05:59 AM,
Larry,

I presume that means you have the package in your hands! That's wonderful! Hope you enjoy it.

And yes, there are some very carefully developed technological marvels to come. Not sure how often they will be coming but like a Marvel movie, a successful run by one of these products virtually guarantees a sequel...
No "minor" country left behind...