Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The big initiative
08-27-2015, 12:15 AM,
The big initiative
Dr. B. is stepping out and offering professional starter sets for various series for the cost of shipping.  The first one available (now) is the learning scenario on the website taken from Kursk South Flank.  Map, rules, charts, and 40 counters mailed out to you for (I think) $9 shipping.  Its an attempt to get people on the fence to experience PG before shelling out 40 to 100 simoleons, and he asks veteran PG players to NOT order a starter set so more will be available for new customers.

Remember 1972 when SPI started everyone off with a free copy of Napoleon at Waterloo?
08-27-2015, 02:35 AM,
RE: The big initiative
I saw that. It may be good strategy, but it is a little disturbing. I hope it works out.

I remember the SPI Intro (Adventure Gaming) mag from 1981, it had a more colorful reprint of Waterloo. The best game in magazine was the The Creatures that Ate New York.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-27-2015, 04:15 AM,
Nothing like scoring points for destroying the SPI office in Manhattan.:-)
08-27-2015, 06:17 AM,
Kind of cool for people who have never tried, Panzer Grenadier, Avalanche Press is offering a free PG small game not counting freight to let people tryout and see if they like the system:

http://www.avalanchepress.com/PlayPG.php

Panzer Grenadier: Free Playset!

This little set includes everything you need to play an introductory Panzer Grenadier scenario: the rules and charts (in downloadable form), a scenario card, a set of 40 superb laser-cut, mounted real playing pieces, and an 11x17-inch real full-color map on heavy cardstock. It's free, but shipping charges do apply.

The rules and charts (in both color, like the ones that come in the games, and in black and white, for ease of home printing) you'll need come as a free download; you'll get an automatically-generated e-mail that explains how to download them (it's easy).

The pieces, map and scenario are drawn from Panzer Grenadier: Burning Tigers. Supplies are limited, so if you already own Burning Tigers, please let a new player have the free playset. Limit one per customer, please.

You can order the free Panzer Grenadier playset right here.

You can download a VASSAL module for the free Panzer Grenadier playset here.

You can order Panzer Grenadier games right here.
08-27-2015, 08:37 PM,
It is great news however I asked on CSW and Dr. B said it was a scenario from Burning Tigers so if you have that game you already have it.
08-27-2015, 10:25 PM,
Exactly right, the scenario is from Burning Tigers, one of the Drive on Ponyri set pieces. It's a fun one. Daniel and I played it earlier this year.
No "minor" country left behind...