Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Edelweiss - Bunkers?
08-22-2015, 07:27 AM,
Edelweiss - Bunkers?
Hi everyone.  Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.  I have a question about the OOB in Edelweiss Scenario 2: Arctic Frontier.  In the OOB the Soviets get 2 Bunkers, along with 10 entrenchments and can also have troops dug in.  Does anyone know what the rule for bunkers is?  I assume it must be different from entrenchments, otherwise why make them separate (unless they are just trying to keep the German poison gas attacks limited).  Are bunkers a holdover from an earlier version of the rules?  Or should I just treat them like entrenchments?  Any ideas are welcome.  Thanks everyone.
08-22-2015, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2015, 07:58 AM by larry marak.)
RE: Edelweiss - Bunkers?
I assume you and your son are using first edition Edelweiss. First edition Edelweiss used strongpoints from first edition Airborne, if you have them. You can get the bunker values from a download at AVP if you don't have them. Just set up mine counters where the bunkers would be and determine randomly whether the bunkers are occupied or not. I've included Soviet Polish strongpoints pdf below.

http://www.avalanchepress.com/pdf/Soviet...points.pdf

Think strongpoints, not bunkers.
08-22-2015, 08:53 AM,
RE: Edelweiss - Bunkers?
Thank you Larry.  I have Airborne and was thinking of using those counters but wasn't sure if that was what was intended (they are called strongpoints in my copy of Airborne).  That should do the trick.