Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG Blackshirt Division
07-24-2015, 06:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2015, 12:40 AM by larry marak.)
PG Blackshirt Division
The Blackshirt Mech division, which was featured in a variant for Bitter Victory last May, is now an expansion for An Army at Dawn.  Looking at the countersheet, it reminded me of DAK 44, where Porsche licensed vehicles serve a revived Ariete Division in scenarios set in Tunisia and Italy, so I hesitated a bit before ordering it.  It's not really a repurposed set of scenarios, as it uses some of the encounter situations from Divisione Corrazata, but with different forces, different Allied units, and AAAD maps instead of Desert Rats maps.  May be a way of looking at what the replacement games for AK, DR, CB, DAK 44 and SAW look like down the road.

By the way, Carpathian Brigade, which is CB above, is the only PG product issued yet with a scenario from El Alamein :-)
07-24-2015, 07:02 AM,
RE: PG Blackshirt Division
I got that impression too. That is why I didn't order it. My alternate history tastes tend to be more like Iron Wolves, Hopeless not Serious, and Czech Invasion. Transferring big tanks to fight in the desert doesn't seem as interesting. Might be nice in Sicily or in Italian invasion scenarios.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-24-2015, 07:48 AM,
RE: PG Blackshirt Division
I agree. Would have worked well as a supplement to Jay's Sicly/Gela Project. Still might, with bonus scenarios set on those upcoming boards.