Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De Gaulle's Division
07-23-2015, 02:36 AM,
De Gaulle's Division
is now shipping.  Lets see, PG Fall of France + De Gaulle's Division, + Division Morrocain, + Land Cruisers....gonna need a bigger box!  And the next 2 boxed games from the 1940 setting aren't even out yet!
07-31-2015, 03:22 AM,
RE: De Gaulle's Division
Like to give a review here, but the package arrived in Bell Gardens just after midnight on Monday morning and is apparently lost somewhere between that sectional center and Burbank :-(.
08-01-2015, 03:46 AM,
(07-31-2015, 03:22 AM)larry marak Wrote: Like to give a review here, but the package arrived in Bell Gardens just after midnight on Monday morning and is apparently lost somewhere between that sectional center and Burbank :-(.

UPdate: degaulle didn't wantto go to Burbank!  The package was just scanned in Warrentown PA.  !!!
08-04-2015, 12:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2015, 12:54 AM by larry marak. Edit Reason: the language we used in Nam. )
Current mileage 6,942 miles and still traveling towards Burbank...the division's grease monkeys are going to be very busy doing engine overhauls and tread replacements.

By the way, I know from personal experience, it takes 2 John Deere engine overhaul gasket sets to do the overhaul of one M-48 tank engine.
08-05-2015, 04:28 AM,
finally showed up today, singing "the bear went over the mountain" all troops seemed exhausted from strategic movement of nearly 7,000 mile. The officers all demanded French Roast Coffee.
08-07-2015, 03:57 PM,
finally showed up today, singing "the bear went over the mountain" all troops seemed exhausted from strategic movement of nearly 7,000 mile. The officers all demanded French Roast Coffee.

Now that they are well rested are we gonna see any pics? Or are they camera shy? Tongue
warstudent aka Jim
08-08-2015, 12:25 AM,
Just was forced by T-Mobile to get a smart phone (they no longer support 3g in my area and sent every customer in my situation an Alcatel phone free!! I just have to be able to figure out how to transmit photos and I've be including photos. Man, the French are motorized...more trucks and other personel vehicles than you can imagine, and not a wagon in sight! Very sharp printing, and the 4currisiers (pardon my French literally) emblem is top center on every piece. There is also one additional aircraft included.

Cost as much as 2 Panzer Cruisers, but quite beautiful.
08-09-2015, 08:23 PM,
(08-08-2015, 12:25 AM)larry marak Wrote: Man, the French are motorized...more trucks and other personel vehicles than you can imagine, and not a wagon in sight!  Very sharp printing, and the 4currisiers (pardon my French literally) emblem is top center on every piece.  There is also one additional aircraft included.

Cost as much as 2 Panzer Cruisers, but quite beautiful.

DCRs were supposed to be the French armored division with heavy B1-bis tanks and armored infantry (Lorraine armored carriers). However the infantry part of the division was a bit weak and not linked to the tanks : there was no real cohesion between them. Moreover some of these divisions had not received the adhoc material/vehicles and this was the case with De Gaulle 4th DCR. The true equivalent for the panzerdivisions were the DLM from the Cavalry branch with their Somua tanks.
De Gaulle's 4th DCR was engaged in agressive counterattacks at Montcornet, Crésy sur Serre and at Abbeville which made it so famous along with the personality of its commander.

You might notice that the order of battle has been updated from the previous version.