Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a new folder
07-23-2015, 12:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2015, 11:31 PM by larry marak.)
Time for a new folder
Well, April fool's day was no joke.  The first Second Great War book for Panzer Grenadier has been announced, covering the French Invasion of German in 1940 and the Imperial German response, "unleash the Kraken"...er..Land Leviathans.

Requires only Fall of France counters & Elsenborn maps.
07-23-2015, 12:38 AM,
RE: Time for a new folder
Blackshirt Division, in the tradition of DAK 44, covers an Italian what if in 10 hypothetical scenarios played expanding the AAAD game.
07-23-2015, 03:02 AM,
And yes, anyone who doesn't care for my sometimes banal chatter can now trash me all over France with PG Land Cruisers :-).
07-23-2015, 04:37 AM,
Did you notice my counter is stronger than yours?

These are PG supplements requiring PG parts and thus I don't see the need for a new folder.
07-23-2015, 05:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2015, 09:43 AM by larry marak. Edit Reason: more fun )
Indeed..until there are several boxed and booked supplements, there wouldn't be call for a new folder, and maybe not even then. Mike seems to be happily exploring alternate time lines to take already proven systems for a test drive.

You've got twice as many barrels as I do, but not double the firepower....must be difficult having 2 loaders loading breeches that close together at about the same time.

Both of us seem better off than the Char 2 C though. While it would be neat to take them on, land leviathans are by their nature defensive weapons, and I'd expect to see them attacking out of the rear area of the Imperial German line, cutting down French lightweights like the Sumoas.
07-23-2015, 11:56 AM,
I'm still trying to work out how a single platoon of those things fills up 400 meters...

I expect that if there is a vehicle with my name on it, it will probably be something small and ineffective like the Italian tankettes. "It's no problem, Colonel. It looked to be an armored attack, but turns out it was just a swarm of Wards. Johnson threw a rock at them and three threw their tracks without even being hit. The rest were abandoned by their crews who immediately surrendered."
No "minor" country left behind...
07-24-2015, 12:34 AM,
Matt, at least you've got the first destroyer to score a kill at Pearl Harbor named for you. Now when Midway is remade, they really should give the Ward a full sized counter.
07-24-2015, 01:17 AM,
Matt, it's not how large the land-battleships are (hey, will land battleships with superfiring 8" guns be coming along in the future), but the turning radius of those things that limit stacking. You try pivoting in one of those things. Now tactically, the best deployment may be line abreast formation, with all turrets facing out from the flank. Changes how you play PG. :-)
07-24-2015, 11:35 AM,
Just be sure that no one crosses your T. I suppose we will need some special rules...
No "minor" country left behind...
07-24-2015, 01:31 PM,
You realize where this is going, right?

Facing rules.

Firing arcs.

OMFFSM!