Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optional rules
07-16-2015, 09:18 PM,
Optional rules
I've downloded the 4th edition rules on AP website but where can I find the optional rules for this 4th edition?
Thanks for your answer.
07-16-2015, 10:28 PM,
RE: Optional rules
Officially the optional rules come in 2 parts from APL: Part One and Part Two. 3 years ago a forum member compiled a PDF version.

Note to Drew: You may want to make those sticky before they fade into the abyss.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-17-2015, 12:08 AM,
The Fog of War optional rule is highly recommended if your scenario has more than say, 50 pieces (you will probably your own threshold after a few scenarios). It adds a random element which will sometimes end a turn early, before you get all your activations in.

The Smoke and Illumination rule is also interesting; well-timed smoke is fun.
07-17-2015, 11:23 AM,
I think I'll always try to play with Mire to keep tanks from just hiding in the woods all the time.

I'm playing one now where we're doing Move & Fire, Overrun and Mire. Move and Fire is VERY interesting for the late war when both sides have it.

rv
07-18-2015, 02:08 AM,
(07-16-2015, 10:28 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Officially the optional rules come in 2 parts from APL: Part One and Part Two. 3 years ago a forum member compiled a PDF version.

Note to Drew: You may want to make those sticky before they fade into the abyss.

They're on this very site starting here: PG-HQ's Annotated 4th Edition Rules: 17.0 Optional Rules
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...