Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Korean War Series Project!
02-24-2018, 07:14 AM,
RE: The Korean War Series Project!
As I recall, he was ordered out, similar to how Rommel was ordered out of North Africa. He had quite a taste for luxury, but so did Patton. I don't give him points for innovation, but then Montgomery doesn't get any either. What he did have, which the others didn't was an inferiority complex. Sitting in Australia for 6 months doesn't seem to have helped that very much.

From what little I know of Almond, he wasn't particularly racist. Remember that the army still segregated, as was American society. His greatest issue is that he is a desk officer (and not a bad one), not a field officer. Something of a 8-0-0 when the his troops need a 10-1-2.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-07-2018, 10:42 PM,
I received my Pusan die-cut counters last night. It nice to replace the laser one but I still keep them in the boxes.
03-10-2018, 02:48 PM,
I acquired three more Korean War books, to read and to round out my Korean War collection. The newest three are:

Marine Corps Tank Battles In Korea
High Tide in the Korean War, Chipyong-ni
Armoured Warfare in the Korean War
Tambu likes this post
03-16-2018, 10:54 AM,
The roads through the mountains of northern Korea were too narrow for heavy AVFs and they to be shipped through the mountains in the Northeastern area by rail by once those rail lines were destroyed the NKPA abandon a train loaded with T34/85s & SU-76s. Kind of interesting picture well below the Chosin Reservoir.   
Tambu likes this post

Attached Files Image(s)

03-20-2018, 02:36 AM,
I just purchase this book, to add to my collection, to read of course: Stalemate: U.S. Marines from Bunker Hill to the Hook (Marines in the Korean War Commemorative Series).

I was thinking about making a game on Bunker Hill.
03-22-2018, 07:01 AM,
[url=http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?224@@11e1e921@.ee6d2ce/30786][/url]

Those NKPA units seemed to have lost a lot of train loads AFVs when they retreated north.

A ROK soldier guards two BA-64s.
Tambu likes this post

Attached Files Image(s)

03-22-2018, 07:03 AM,
            Some more cool pictures:
Tambu likes this post
03-22-2018, 11:49 PM,
Thanks those are cool pictures.

What are those bottom 3?
03-22-2018, 11:58 PM,
One is a captured BA-64 without turret, the second is a captured BA-64 with turret and the last is a BTR-40, all NKPA AFVs.
Tambu likes this post
03-23-2018, 08:15 AM,
It looks like it would be pretty fun to take a BA-64 (without turret) out for a spin in the dunes.
Tambu likes this post