Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Club counters and scenarios?
06-25-2015, 01:27 AM,
RE: Gold Club counters and scenarios?
That is one of the grey areas, a little less grey once the scenario became part of Airborne Remastered. I just tried the link http://www.avalanchepress.com/Behind_the_Beaches.php. It worked for me.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-25-2015, 02:11 AM,
(06-25-2015, 01:22 AM)larry marak Wrote: The new East German Barracks troops announced today come with 2 scenarios, I wonder if they'll be logged as part of Patton's Nightmare or Iron Curtain, or even Hammer and Sickle.  Glad to see the Iron Curtain setting getting some more love, and the counters look outstanding.:-)

Much like Fall of Luxembourg, I expect they will get their own entry rather than as an expansion of an existing product.  The only additional scenarios added to existing products have been those that have been in Daily Content (those such as the "extra" Fronte Russo, Fall of France (Morocco), Burning Tigers (GD) or Blue Division (Red Fury and Spanish Blues) all of which could be played with the items included with the game set.  Fall of Lux and the East German scenarios are being (1) released as a product, and not as expansion scenarios, despite the small size of the product, and (2) add new countries AND units, the divisional sets are certainly fun and I have several but they do not add new countries or arms to the PG world.

Yeah, I know that's pretty ridiculously over defined as to what goes where but there has to be some order here.  Heck, I bet Dewey got all sorts of crap about the decimal system...
No "minor" country left behind...
06-25-2015, 02:13 AM,
As to scenario 21 from Airborne-IE "disappearing" I see any such disappearance as going OOP.
No "minor" country left behind...
06-25-2015, 10:49 AM,
(06-25-2015, 02:11 AM)Matt W Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 01:22 AM)larry marak Wrote: The new East German Barracks troops announced today come with 2 scenarios, I wonder if they'll be logged as part of Patton's Nightmare or Iron Curtain, or even Hammer and Sickle.  Glad to see the Iron Curtain setting getting some more love, and the counters look outstanding.:-)

Much like Fall of Luxembourg, I expect they will get their own entry rather than as an expansion of an existing product.  The only additional scenarios added to existing products have been those that have been in Daily Content (those such as the "extra" Fronte Russo, Fall of France (Morocco), Burning Tigers (GD) or Blue Division (Red Fury and Spanish Blues) all of which could be played with the items included with the game set.  Fall of Lux and the East German scenarios are being (1) released as a product, and not as expansion scenarios, despite the small size of the product, and (2) add new countries AND units, the divisional sets are certainly fun and I have several but they do not add new countries or arms to the PG world.

Yeah, I know that's pretty ridiculously over defined as to what goes where but there has to be some order here.  Heck, I bet Dewey got all sorts of crap about the decimal system...

I concur with Matt.  Anything with a scenario released as a "product" that can be ordered from the store (free or not) should get its own page.  Daily Content scenarios should be listed with 'their' game. 

Two exceptions:
The Division Downloads.  Since they don't have scenarios and are really just alternate unit art for use in existing scenarios, they don't get their own page. 
War of the Worlds.  Free Daily Content, but has a scenario that is not really an 'extra' scenario for Elsenborn Ridge due to the nature of its theme.

Two question for the group.  I have the Division Downloads.  Should I add them to the unit art I've been sending Shad?  If so, should they go on the standard units pages with all the other versions, or should there be a separate units page(s) for them?  Shad will obviously have a veto here since he'll have to set up any new pages.

BTW, if we do add the Division Download art, my intent is to start on it after we've completely filled in the art in the Units pages.  We have at least one pic for every counter as of now, but I've been adding pics for the minor variations in art/counter style from the different games.  I've finished the Americans and Brits, and am working on the Germans now.  
06-25-2015, 01:22 PM,
@plloyd

Thanks for the link Smile  the one listed, under scenario 21, doesn't have underscores in the URL (behind_the_beaches  vs   behindthebeaches)  and links to a dead page, for me, anyway..
06-25-2015, 01:49 PM,
(06-25-2015, 01:22 PM)mwalbion Wrote: @plloyd

Thanks for the link Smile  the one listed, under scenario 21, doesn't have underscores in the URL (behind_the_beaches  vs   behindthebeaches)  and links to a dead page, for me, anyway..

That bug's on me. I've fixed the display error.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...