Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG on Ebay
06-06-2015, 02:22 AM,
RE: PG on Ebay
(06-05-2015, 01:22 PM)Coniglius Wrote:
(06-05-2015, 11:38 AM)rerathbun Wrote: Bottom line, if the title is oop, then feel free to hunt as aggressively as you like on the secondary markets. If you want to support Dr. B, then I would say avoid the items that he is still actively marketing.  

Totally agree. 

I have collected everything else PG, but like Hugmenot I have given up on ever acquiring Lions of Finland.  The good news about that one (for players, if not collectors) is that all of the units and scenarios were updated and included in the first Arctic Front.

Actually, if I were Dr. Mike, I'd dig up the old files, make about 25 copies and start selling them anonymously on Ebay. Big Grin 
06-06-2015, 02:53 AM,
I have almost everything in the PG series including an original Panzer Grenadier, Heroes of the Soviet Union, and a properly spelled Semper Fi: Guadalcanal. The only early games I lack are Lions of Finland and Tank Battles and I'm not looking to acquire either one. I have more than enough PG readily available to play that I rarely play anything that's more than a few years old.

Big Grin
06-08-2015, 08:29 AM,
And remember, Lion's for Finland was a set of scenarios and a sheet of stickers to apply to PG sized counters...there were no mounted counters.
06-09-2015, 01:06 AM,
I won seven auctions Saturday; two items I was missing and five for the trade pile.
06-09-2015, 01:16 AM,
(06-09-2015, 01:06 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: I won seven auctions Saturday; two items I was missing and five for the trade pile.

That was you!?!?!?! I missed them due to my Reserve duty weekend. There were a few that I wanted (extra counters for some of my games). Some of those were dirt cheap like BotB and BN. Good for you... I would have been bidding against you if I was able!!!
06-09-2015, 02:29 AM,
That was not me!

I won Panzer Grenadier, Eldelweiss, Road to Berlin, Heroes of the Soviet Union, Fronte Russo, Eastern Front, and Arctic Front (1st edition), all unpunched!

I think you are referring to 4 auctions for Gualdalcanal (the misspelled box), Beyond Normandy, Road to Berlin and something else, all starting at $9.99. I was going to bid on them also but the seller never responded whether he would combine shipping. With his shipping charges listed at $18.00 per game. there is no way I will bid on them unless he combines shipping.

FYI, I paid $16 for all the games listed above so $18 per game looks awfully high to me even if the seller is in a different mailing zone.