Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Army at Dawn after action report
05-22-2015, 03:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2015, 03:47 AM by Michael Murphy.)
An Army at Dawn after action report
I've just finished playing the first scenario in An Army at Dawn and have even written up an after action report. I'm including it for any interested parties. No promises on the quality of the writing, but I do believe this would be the first AAR for AAaD.

Enjoy (hopefully),

Michael Shy

Attached Files
.docx   AAoD 001 After Action Report 05-20-15.docx (Size: 13.69 KB / Downloads: 24)
05-22-2015, 04:33 AM,
RE: An Army at Dawn after action report
I didn't think about listing it like this, but listed one on Boardgamegeek a few weeks ago that I was planning to copy and paste when they get the AAR system up and running. You can find it at

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/plays/thing...erid=41501

Sort of surprised not to see more players logging games there.

Tom Oxley
05-22-2015, 04:52 AM,
(05-22-2015, 04:33 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: I didn't think about listing it like this, but listed one on Boardgamegeek a few weeks ago that I was planning to copy and paste when they get the AAR system up and running. You can find it at

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/plays/thing...erid=41501

Sort of surprised not to see more players logging games there.

Tom Oxley

I'm not much for writing AARs for many reasons. I just liked this one so much that I took the time to do the first (known) write-up for this game. I make no promises for future reportage.

Michael
05-22-2015, 05:21 AM,
I think I got caught up in it while learning the system, going over the game and trying to lay it out so I could also learn from mistakes made as I wrote. In a few I have even noted that I missed something. Like setting up and then finding out the board was oriented the wrong way and starting over. Now it's pretty much habit. Choose scenario, set up, play, write it up. But you are better at AAR writing than I am. I get started and it becomes one big paragraph because I get in a hurry to review it. Just hope that others can sort out what the heck I was talking about. Smile

Tom Oxley
05-22-2015, 06:40 AM,
Tom, now that I've read it I admit you have the first AAR for AAaD, not myself as I said above. Big Grin
05-22-2015, 06:46 AM,
We will see if I can get the first Conquest of Ethiopia AAR posted Saturday!
05-22-2015, 07:58 AM,
Hi fellas! We should have AaD and CoE fully loaded into the Library in a few days. Thank you for your patience! Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...