Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATTENTION GOLD-CLUBBERS
05-15-2015, 07:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2015, 03:31 AM by larry marak.)
ATTENTION GOLD-CLUBBERS
If you passed up Sword of Israel, now is you chance to buy it in a new printing for pre-order price and own the only Modern PG same so far published. Huge component load, the biggest of any of the 8-board games issued so far by Avalanche. 909 playing pieces!
05-18-2015, 03:44 PM,
RE: ATTENTION GOLD-CLUBBERS
(05-15-2015, 07:53 AM)larry marak Wrote: If you passed up Sword of Israel, now is you chance to buy it in a new printing for pre-order price and own the only Modern PG same so far published. Huge component load, the biggest of any of the 8-board games issued so far by Avalanche. 909 playing pieces!

I highly recommend the game. Some very challenging scenarios! I have a few AARs i the Modern file.
05-19-2015, 01:31 AM,
Looks like they are closing the sale after the holiday weekend. I need to see about an advance on my June hobby money so I can jump on this.

Tom Oxley
05-19-2015, 03:08 AM,
(05-18-2015, 03:44 PM)armyduck95 Wrote: I highly recommend the game. Some very challenging scenarios! I have a few AARs i the Modern file.

Is the game "better" as historical re-enactment than as a "game?" Since I play solo most of the time, the former is just fine, but I wonder whether the play for the Arab side isn't rather one-dimensional compared to Israeli capabilities?

Just curious as to your view.

PY
05-19-2015, 03:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2015, 03:44 AM by larry marak.)
(05-19-2015, 03:08 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 03:44 PM)armyduck95 Wrote: I highly recommend the game. Some very challenging scenarios! I have a few AARs i the Modern file.

Is the game "better" as historical re-enactment than as a "game?" Since I play solo most of the time, the former is just fine, but I wonder whether the play for the Arab side isn't rather one-dimensional compared to Israeli capabilities?

Just curious as to your view.

PY

Avalanche picked the most one-sided of the 4 wars, but Stafford did a good job of coming up with game victory conditions for both sides. This game's rules were the precurser to 4th edition PG, though of course they cover many new situations and technologies.
05-19-2015, 12:01 PM,
The Israelis win by not only beating the Arab forces but typically the scenarios are short given the objectives so they have to be very efficient and effective. Not sure that the Arab player will have as much fun with the game, however.

The pieces are really quite well done, however.
No "minor" country left behind...