Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping time
05-09-2015, 06:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2015, 06:07 AM by Coniglius.)
Shipping time
Just curious....

I ordered a bunch of stuff from the Spring Sale on 4/28. It was all stuff that was in stock. When should I expect to receive it? It's been 10 days since I placed the order. Is this typical/reasonable? I know it's a one man show and all, I'm just curious.

My earlier order came fairly quickly (well, the portion that was in stock). I have no idea when to expect the items that had to be printed and laser cut (Waltzing Matilda, etc.). What do you guys think?
05-09-2015, 06:15 AM,
RE: Shipping time
I'm thinking the special stuff like Waltzing Matilda, Nihon Silk and those are along the line of a pre-order to be shipped later in May if I understood correctly. If you have an order that is made up primarily of those items, it may take a bit.

Tom Oxley
05-09-2015, 06:47 AM,
(05-09-2015, 06:15 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: I'm thinking the special stuff like Waltzing Matilda, Nihon Silk and those are along the line of a pre-order to be shipped later in May if I understood correctly. If you have an order that is made up primarily of those items, it may take a bit.

Tom Oxley

Yeah I expect as much for that stuff. I ordered those (Waltzing Matilda, Nihon Silk, and others) on April 18, so I'm not concerned about them. I know they will take some time because they have to be printed. The stuff I ordered on the 28th as part of the Spring Sale is my real concern. Well, not really a concern, just a curiosity. These are stock items, so I figure they should come relatively quickly (as Saipan '44 did... it was part of the order I placed on the 18th).

Not holding my breath, just curious.
05-09-2015, 10:52 AM,
Might be a bit of a delay since Conquest of Ethiopia is starting to ship meaning that there was a lot of receiving and collating going on!
No "minor" country left behind...
05-09-2015, 10:59 AM,
(05-09-2015, 10:52 AM)Matt W Wrote: Might be a bit of a delay since Conquest of Ethiopia is starting to ship meaning that there was a lot of receiving and collating going on!

Hmmmm.... true. Priority is probably going to all those old pre-orders (as it should). Good reason!!! Thanks Matt
05-12-2015, 02:57 AM,
My GWAS Destroyers countersheets should be on my desk today, per the post office tracking, this may be the first lost treasure item received, so I'd expect a couple more weeks before all of the treasures are in stock and shipping.
05-18-2015, 11:29 AM,
I received an email notification that my Spring Sale order has shipped!!! Now I just have to wait on those reprints of Nihon Silk, Power of the East and Waltzing Matilda!!!
06-12-2015, 02:20 PM,
Still waiting on my Conquest of Ethiopia- ordered 4/17, along with some Golden Journals and 1 x special (Mouse that roared). I am preparing to move, so need to either get it by 25 June or make sure APL has my new address. I emailed Mike with mthe Order info. Any comments/suggestions/knowledge?
06-13-2015, 12:47 AM,
Ask your question in the Avalanche game company folder on Consimworld. Mike monitors that folder and usually responds with a day or two,
06-13-2015, 12:56 AM,
And the shipping computer (per Mike) targets the most recent address when shipping old pre-orders. I'll probably be able to say that from personal experience when my Empires Fall shows up in (I'm hoping) August. I ordered it when it was a Classic Wargame proposal many years ago. Received the first half (August 1914) in 2010.