Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martians!!!
04-25-2015, 09:28 AM,
Martians!!!
Mike is reprinting the ancient Gold Club sheet with the fighting machine counters.

These are of course utilized in the desperate fight around Grover's Mill as described by Alan Sawyer.

Yeah, I don't play PG a lot, but I love the monster / alien / sci-fi possibilities! Angel

-Jim

PS: I put those 47mm French AT guns to good use in the 1940 - FoF scenario I played with Robin! Well, until his infantry got to my tanks and guns in the trees... Sad
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
04-25-2015, 10:16 AM,
RE: Martians!!!
Quote: Yeah, I don't play PG a lot, but I love the monster possibilities!

[Image: godzilla2.jpg]
04-25-2015, 11:09 AM,
(04-25-2015, 10:16 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote:
Quote: Yeah, I don't play PG a lot, but I love the monster possibilities!

[Image: godzilla2.jpg]

[Image: laugh.gif] [Image: laugh.gif] [Image: laugh.gif]
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
04-28-2015, 12:49 AM,
They are designed for use with GWAS, but it sure beats sticking 3 needles in individual DOTS candies and setting up tripods on the game board. Less sugar.

Now with GWAS Martian tripods, its time to re-created the battles of Sydney, Malta, and Manilla in other theatres of operations during the first War of the Worlds.
04-29-2015, 02:56 AM,
Are the Edelweiss counters an official add to the game counters? I can see that it expands the leaders quite a bit and adds 2 tanks but before I put them in with the rest of the counters, I just thought I'd touch base here. The article on the AP website talks about everything else on that new Gold Club counter sheet except for the Edelweiss counters.

Tom Oxley
04-29-2015, 03:20 AM,
The Edelweiss counters in the original version of the sheet were incorporated into Edelweiss IV.
04-29-2015, 03:25 AM,
Ah, thanks. So they go into the extras pile.

Tom Oxley
04-29-2015, 03:26 AM,
The Edelweiss leader counters are addons to the original mix. The tanks were replacements. If you have the expanded or later versions, the counters would be duplicates.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-29-2015, 03:36 AM,
(04-29-2015, 03:26 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: The Edelweiss leader counters are addons to the original mix. The tanks were replacements. If you have the expanded or later versions, the counters would be duplicates.

I'm holding the sheet in my hands this morning! 2 H-38's and 16 officers, as lloyd said, surplus.

But the Martians are great!
And time to add the Ottavio variant orders of battle as scenario notes to the scenarios in Afrika Korps and Desert Rats modified by these vehicles.