Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somewhat disappointed...
04-23-2015, 04:55 AM,
Somewhat disappointed...
I rcvd my copy of Saipan 44 today, with the laser cut counters. I really like the look and feel of the U.S. counter sheet. It is silky smooth, and very crisp in detail. Conversely, the Japanese counter sheet is very, cloudy? Hazy? It looks as if there is some sort of film distorting the text and images. It looks distorted, kind of like looking down the road on a sweltering hot day. Has anyone else experienced this with the laser cut counters?
04-23-2015, 05:18 AM,
RE: Somewhat disappointed...
I've received a corner of one countersheet that could be described as hazy. I think it has to do with the cardboard vibrating slightly as the ink is sprayed on it.
04-23-2015, 07:12 AM,
... or the clear coat was not mixed well or sprayed with humidity. Contact AP, they will likely replace them.
04-23-2015, 07:14 AM,
(04-23-2015, 05:18 AM)larry marak Wrote: I've received a corner of one countersheet that could be described as hazy. I think it has to do with the cardboard vibrating slightly as the ink is sprayed on it.

I'd be less disappointed if it was a corner of the counter-sheet; it is the entire counter-sheet that looks this way. I would scan it and post it but I think that's against the rules. I wonder if they would replace it if I sent it back? I don't think so, considering that I'm still waiting for a response to an email I sent over two weeks ago, but maybe.
04-23-2015, 07:40 AM,
Sometimed Mike responds within the hour, sometimes never, depending on whenever he gets the time to read the email and whether he can do anything about the request.
04-23-2015, 11:19 AM,
Maybe Post on the CSW home page.
04-23-2015, 12:26 PM,
I just checked min and they look good. Guess for once I got lucky.
04-23-2015, 01:15 PM,
(04-23-2015, 11:19 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Maybe post on the CSW APL forum.

I recommend this much, much more than emails to customerservice@avalanchepress.com.

-Jim
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
04-24-2015, 04:11 AM,
(04-23-2015, 01:15 PM)stear Wrote:
(04-23-2015, 11:19 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Maybe post on the CSW APL forum.

I recommend this much, much more than emails to customerservice@avalanchepress.com.

-Jim

I'm learning that.... it seems to be a common bit of advice around here.

It really sticks in my craw though, being a Customer Service Manager for an IT company. I'm on call 24x7 for service issues affecting my client sites unless I put in for personal time off. I wouldn't expect my customers to try and contact me somewhere else but apparently CSW seems to be better monitored than the AP customer service email address. Calling the AP service number is also a futile activity as the recording ends with a note that the inbox is full so you can't leave a message. Very frustrating...
04-24-2015, 05:52 AM,
It does seem that public shaming on CSW is often the only way to get a response from AVP.