Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S.A., not America
05-22-2015, 12:20 PM,
RE: U.S.A., not America
(05-22-2015, 08:50 AM)Shad Wrote: I think you read way too much into the original post, and bringing teabaggers into it (whether you be for or against tea) is over the line, particularly against a new member who may not be familiar with you.

No, I just took it to a hyperbolic l(and I thought mildly amusing) level. It seemed to me like arraigning the deck chairs on the Titanic, or some other such pointless exercise.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-17-2015, 08:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 08:21 AM by Nick.)
RE: U.S.A., not America
FWIW, I do agree with the OP that referring to the Soviet Union as "Russians" drives me bonkers. I seem to recall a Daily Content awhile back in which Dr. Bennighoff expressed a similar opinion and took ASL to task for using "Russian" units.

I will admit that I'm a bit inconsistent in that I don't mind referring to the U.K. as England, since that Union has historically made no bones about which nation was in the driver's seat, where the Soviet Union made a big deal out of the idea that "You other nationalities may have been conquered by Imperial Russia, but now we're all co-equal partners in this new grand Soviet Union."