Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the status of other nations not yet in PG?
03-26-2015, 03:52 AM,
What is the status of other nations not yet in PG?
Owning roughly three-quarters of the PG product line, it occurred to me that there are many nations that are not yet represented. I'll form a list of the various participants who are not yet represented (or under represented) as well as a few 'what ifs'. If you know of any plans to include them, let me know. If you've done any DIY projects on these, I'd like to hear about it as well, as I have a few ideas under development too!!!

Here is what I see as missing or under represented:

1. Canada (I know, just use the British counters. Well, I don't want to!!! I want to see maple leafs across the battlefield)
2. Belgians
3. Dutch (for the 1940 campaign, not the East Indies)
4. Norway
5. Denmark
6. Yugoslavs
7. Greeks
8. Albanians
9. Bulgarians
10. Republican Spain (SCW)
11. Nationalist Spain (SCW)
12. Brazil
13. Free French
14. Iraq
15. Persia/Iran
16. Siberian troops
17. Manchuria
18. Nationalist Chinese
19. Communist Chinese
20. Ethiopians (I know this is coming soon)

What-ifs:

1. Sweden
2. Turkey
3. Nationalist Spain (as an axis ally)
4. Argentina (good possibility for a South American sideshow campaign)
5. Czechs (would be a nice module a la Hopeless but not Serious)
6. Swiss
7. Latvian
8. Estonian
9. Ukrainian

What else? Individual units maybe, like the Devil's Brigade, or the Rangers at Point du Hoc? I'd love to hear what you feel about these and what projects may be underway that you know of.

Thank you,

~Lou
03-31-2015, 01:01 AM,
RE: What is the status of other nations not yet in PG?
We have Estonians for I.A. but not PG (also Boshevik forces...neat).

And the Maple Leaf flys from some armoured counters from Cassino.

2 more France 40 games are in the works, which will eventually give us Dutch and Belgians.

Communist Chinese show up in PGKorea volume 3 (or maybe a few guys in 2, ask Jay).
03-31-2015, 01:52 AM,
Belgians and Dutch should make an appearance in the next year or two.

As Mike likes to publish the oddball game and the business model supports such ventures, I think all the remaining nations are possibilities if someone designs the scenarios.
03-31-2015, 03:01 AM,
Ottavio & I were playing with fleshing out the Canadians a couple years back. We built up a credible OB, but not leaders for it (though we did decide on a cool counter). I'm pretty sure Greeks & Yugoslavs will turn up shortly after desert games return.

I would like to see the Brazilian corps show up. I would like to see Soviet paratroops before the Siberian divisions appear. More in line with what is already out there, how about the Italian invasion of France?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-31-2015, 03:11 AM,
(03-31-2015, 03:01 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Ottavio & I were playing with fleshing out the Canadians a couple years back. We built up a credible OB, but not leaders for it (though we did decide on a cool counter). I'm pretty sure Greeks & Yugoslavs will turn up shortly after desert games return.

I would like to see the Brazilian corps show up. I would like to see Soviet paratroops before the Siberian divisions appear. More in line with what is already out there, how about the Italian invasion of France?

So if I were to take the lead on working up the Brazilian Corps and some Gothic Line scenarios, no one would be opposed or insulted? I would happily take the reigns on that task!!! Lots of scenario possibilities within Operation Encore (Monte Castello), Vergato, Montese, Collechio, Fornovo di Taro, etc. I've already got a pretty good OOB for the 1st DIE and its 3x RCT's.
03-31-2015, 03:19 AM,
(03-31-2015, 03:11 AM)Coniglius Wrote: So if I were to take the lead on working up the Brazilian Corps and some Gothic Line scenarios, no one would be opposed or insulted?
Lou, how long have you been in this country? You should know that when anyone does anything, someone is insulted and raises an objection.Angry
For my part, I would probably just argue and ask for clarification. If that's your inclination, go for it! I mess around like that all the time. That's how new ideas get developed.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-31-2015, 05:01 AM,
Lou, you may want to contact Avalanche Press to let them know what is your intent. Just so they know that you're working on it and don't suggest the same topic to another designer.
03-31-2015, 05:09 AM,
(03-31-2015, 05:01 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Lou, you may want to contact Avalanche Press to let them know what is your intent. Just so they know that you're working on it and don't suggest the same topic to another designer.

Yep, you are absolutely right. I ran into that several years ago with FoW before the Avanti Savoia set came out. I was about 3 months into my research when the announcement was made.
03-31-2015, 12:02 PM,
What-ifs:
3. Nationalist Spain (as an axis ally)

Looking at your profile, I saw you're a newbie, welcome aboard!
Nat Spain has already been done, but it's out of print so you'll have to get it from somewhere besides AP
warstudent aka Jim
03-31-2015, 09:59 PM,
(03-31-2015, 05:09 AM)Coniglius Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 05:01 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Lou, you may want to contact Avalanche Press to let them know what is your intent. Just so they know that you're working on it and don't suggest the same topic to another designer.

Yep, you are absolutely right. I ran into that several years ago with FoW before the Avanti Savoia set came out. I was about 3 months into my research when the announcement was made.

Hi Jim,
I knew about the Blue Division (I have that module). I was thinking more along the lines of a hypothetical Spanish intervention in France in 1940. Perhaps we could even make an argument for an Operation Felix where the Spanish decide to join the allies. That's kind of the direction I was going in. Just brainstorming...

I am new to the PG-HQ but I've been playing PG titles since the early 2000's. I took a break for a few years while I got into FOW and a tour of duty in Afghanistan (I'm a Navy Chief, Reservist). I'm coming in to the game a bit late, and playing some catch up, but I've got 50+ titles and I'm trying to back fill some of the holes in my collection.