Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG games for sale
03-17-2015, 12:08 AM,
RE: PG games for sale
Hopefully, I'll have some more serious reading to do. Got 4 more older modules for under $5 each and another at a reasonable price on ebay last week. Blue Division sounded interesting but when I saw what else the seller was selling, I jumped at the chance. Spent quite a bit of time over the weekend reading Arctic Front and Patton's Nightmare books. History and alternate history articles were great.

Tom Oxley
03-17-2015, 12:36 AM,
One of the best things about Avalanche is that it is operated by a professionally trained historian. He sees value in producing games that are also teaching instruments.
03-17-2015, 03:41 AM,
Did you purchase them from John Christine, Tom? I know he had a few of the older supplements on eBay at a good price when I last checked.
03-17-2015, 03:58 AM,
(03-17-2015, 12:36 AM)larry marak Wrote: One of the best things about Avalanche is that it is operated by a professionally trained historian. He sees value in producing games that are also teaching instruments.

I agree. I'm relatively new to APL's products. They are clearly a history buff's company. The supplemental notes in the scenario books are great.
03-17-2015, 04:17 AM,
I think that was him, prices were like $1.99 to $3.99, got 4 PG modules and one SWAS shipped for a little over $18. And the earlier one I bought from Canada arrived today, Iron Wolves. Looks like some good multi-national fighting will be happening in the near future. Still a few more I need in order to play all of these but I'll keep watching.

Tom Oxley
03-17-2015, 05:31 AM,
Looks like some pretty good Modern PG fighting may be occuring in Lithuania very soon too :-(
07-01-2015, 09:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2015, 11:19 AM by Shad. Edit Reason: spam avoidance )
There's a bunch of PG games for sale on the Wargamer's Marketplace; it's a closed FB group though, so I'm posting the games and prices here in case there's any interest. I bought a couple myself Smile
  • Afrika Korps ($30)
  • Desert Rats ($30)
  • Road to Berlin ($30)
  • Cassino '44 ($40)
  • Battle of the Bulge ($20)
  • The East Front ($20)
  • Beyond Normandy ($20)
"All games are punched. Counters have been sorted and put into separate fishing tackle boxes. Photos upon request. Boxes are in good to excellent condition." You can contact the seller, Ken Hill, at ------. The games will be moved to an auction site on Thursday, so best get in touch quickly.
07-02-2015, 11:21 AM,
(07-01-2015, 09:01 PM)ariel_d Wrote: You can contact the seller, Ken Hill, at ------. The games will be moved to an auction site on Thursday, so best get in touch quickly.

I've removed the email address on the grounds that it was posted in a private forum elsewhere. This is not a private forum. We don't want to be responsible for Ken getting spammed to death because we publicly posted his email address.

If someone needs that address go ahead and PM ariel_d for it.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-02-2015, 11:28 AM,
(07-02-2015, 11:21 AM)Shad Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 09:01 PM)ariel_d Wrote: You can contact the seller, Ken Hill, at ------. The games will be moved to an auction site on Thursday, so best get in touch quickly.

I've removed the email address on the grounds that it was posted in a private forum elsewhere. This is not a private forum. We don't want to be responsible for Ken getting spammed to death because we publicly posted his email address.

If someone needs that address go ahead and PM ariel_d for it.

Thanks Shad, I did clear it with Ken first if it was okay to post his email address here, but I didn't think of the private/public forum spam implications. Definitely something to keep in mind. Anyway, I'll be happy to supply the address to any interested parties.
07-02-2015, 11:40 AM,
Another collection is being marketed on CSW's marketplace.
No "minor" country left behind...