Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newest data on releases
02-27-2015, 01:36 AM,
Newest data on releases
I'm not blabbing, 'cause Mike made it public moments after doing a Gold Club newsletter. Broken Axis will be out ahead of either Dawn or Ethiopia.

The game has grown from 45 scenarios to 46 to now 60 scenarios, with attention brought to the post-Bagration late 44 offensive.

I don't know if its covered, but the Romanians were always ready to fight the Hungarians over Transylvania.
02-27-2015, 05:05 AM,
RE: Newest data on releases
All I saw on Consinworld is "Lawrence will come first (with Broken Axis) since it has laser-cut pieces (shorter lead time" where first means Lawrence will be published before Fall of Empires.

As there are no mention of Dawn and Ethiopia, I would not read in this that the order has changed. It's possible Mike intend to release both Dawn and Ethipia before the end of summer.

Was there any other indication of the Gold Club newsletter?
02-27-2015, 05:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015, 05:27 AM by larry marak.)
Nope. I could be classicly wrong again :-). We might be able to assume here that Fall will have die-cut counters. Mike is using both die cutters and laser cutters for different projects. Army is supposed to be die-cut, while Ethiopia is to be laser cut. The bookline is on its own separate schedule, and will be die cut.
02-27-2015, 07:00 AM,
You know... I was wondering where Larry was coming to that conclusion. I went back and read Consimworld again and wasn't seeing it.

I rather hope he is wrong as I have Dawn on pre-order but, while I'll probably get Broken at some point, I don't have the money to pre-order it right now.

So... what's Larry's track record like on being right? Smile
02-27-2015, 08:22 AM,
Most likely I mis-interpreted the insider. Assuming Dawn and Ethiopia come out together, then what's happening is that Broken Axis moved up from a fall release and Fall of Empires delayed till fall. It had been brunted about earlier that the two new I.A. games would be released together, but they are two big games, 14 maps and more than 1400 counters. Juggling the release sequence means production of an 8 mapper paired with a 4 mapper, followed by a 6 mapper and a four mapper.

(and all this shuffling doesn't take into consideration the release of additional boxed games, Ironclads and Army of Lappland, and another third of 1866 this year).
02-27-2015, 05:01 PM,
(02-27-2015, 08:22 AM)larry marak Wrote: (, and another third of 1866 this year).

How many of the ancient pre-order games does Avalanche have left to fulfill?
warstudent aka Jim
02-28-2015, 01:06 AM,
Ironclads that I have on order. Seems like there was a classic title left too. I don't think there are any PG titles left. There might be a SWWAS/GWAS title out there but not to my knowledge.
02-28-2015, 02:05 AM,
Was curious if anyone could answer whether burning tigers has die cut or laser counters. In the emails, they mentioned die cut, but when you go to the website, they counters are sootless and scorchless. Did they switch back to the die cut process for burning tigers? Thanks.
02-28-2015, 02:56 AM,
I received my copy of Burning Tigers last July in the initial release, and the counters were laser-cut.
02-28-2015, 03:30 AM,
Okay, thanks. I didn't know if this was a new printing or not.