Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korea and bazookas
08-28-2015, 08:01 AM,
RE: Korea and bazookas
It was all anecdotal and detailed heroic acts. I'm referring specifically to frustrated RoKs firing while literally on top of the tank.

Source: The Korean War, Volume I, Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press, ISBN 978-0-8032-7795-3
08-28-2015, 04:04 PM,
No doubt ParaMarine! I have read a few of those accounts as well. There will be more Korean War actions like this in the future games. I am very excited to see the whole Korean War series get published but wish it would pickup the pace a bit.
08-28-2015, 09:05 PM,
You forgot to add "squished" Daniel :-)
08-29-2015, 12:00 AM,
That was my second thought right after as a result of the explosion.

If a player wants to simulate these heroic acts, he or she could give a bonus to the AT value of the bazooka but make it a one-time use (the bazookas goes in the dead pile immediately). Or even roll to determine whether there is a hero on the bazooka team before applying the bonus to add some randomness (and realism in my opinion) to the process.
08-29-2015, 03:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2015, 03:32 AM by JayTownsend.)
Good optional rules for them. Except in later scenarios where they are just bunker blusters.
08-29-2015, 06:05 AM,
Jay,

I remember that the ROK has some units labeled AT teams. What are those as opposed to the close order bazooka use we are discussing?
No "minor" country left behind...
08-29-2015, 06:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2015, 07:02 AM by JayTownsend.)
They were units throw together in the initial NKPA invasion to stop the T34/85s, consisting of pole-mines, explosives, Dinomite, grenades or anything else to disable or destroy a tank. One case was engineers trying to redeem themselves from not blowing up a bridge other cases brave soldiers using even crowbars to try and open tank hatches and in the most extreme cases a few individuals who threw themselves under tanks with high explosives. These units didn't last long and fewer brave ROK soldiers volunteered for is after a few days of combat and seeing their comrades die in this manner.

They were mentioned in detail in a few books, So I dedicate a few countersĀ for them and they did manage to take out a few tanks as well.

The AT teams were different from bazooka teams, as they had no bazookas.