Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good scenario design
01-29-2015, 09:28 AM,
RE: good scenario design
While I do not qualify as to say whether a scenario is well-designed or not, I do have preferences:

I like scenarios in which both sides have a reasonable chance at victory. I am not asking for a perfect balance (an impossibility with randomly selected leaders), just that reasonable play on both sides will not always lead to one side winning the scenario. The totally unbalanced scenarios are becoming much more rare and the designers and developers are to be thanked for that.

In general, I prefer scenarios with multiple objectives over those with victory points, especially if objectives are written in such a way that trying to meet one will make it more difficult to meet another.

I love scenarios with reinforcements, even more so if the reinforcements arrive on a die-roll. The die roll adds to the uncertainty.

I prefer scenarios which offer multiple significantly different strategies for the attacker (and defender if possible).

I like scenarios which include oddball units or scenario special rules.

I generally prefer scenarios in which the attacker enters the board or start far enough from the defender that the defender can react before contact is made.

I like scenarios which duration forces the attackers into a strategy other than a methodical low-risk advance. I want a significant element of risk.

Messages In This Thread
good scenario design - by t1M0t8yk - 01-29-2015, 04:40 AM
RE: good scenario design - by Hugmenot - 01-29-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: good scenario design - by Shad - 01-29-2015, 03:46 PM
RE: good scenario design - by t1M0t8yk - 01-30-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: good scenario design - by zaarin7 - 01-30-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: good scenario design - by leonard - 02-05-2015, 07:57 AM
RE: good scenario design - by Hugmenot - 02-06-2015, 10:59 AM