Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion for display on main page
01-11-2015, 11:10 AM,
Suggestion for display on main page
Shad:

Would it be difficult or otherwise problematic to change "Last Play" and "Last AAR" on the main page window to "Today's Plays" and "Today's AARs" or Today -> Recent?

I mention this because (as I've no doubt done inadvertently to others) there are times when one play and/or AAR is "booted" as another is entered shortly afterwards. One can find the Plays and AARs in other places, of course, but perhaps it might be useful to display a twenty-four hour window that is updated "continuously" or a static fixed "day." Whatever would be amenable to coding.

This way, folks can readily see recent activity at a glance rather than simply the most recent one that might mask, to some extent, recent play.

PY
01-12-2015, 07:30 PM,
RE: Suggestion for display on main page
Not difficult, but what if no plays have been submitted within the last 24 hours? Do we clear the data? Or keep the most recent?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
01-12-2015, 11:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 11:54 PM by Poor Yorek.)
(01-12-2015, 07:30 PM)Shad Wrote: Not difficult, but what if no plays have been submitted within the last 24 hours? Do we clear the data? Or keep the most recent?

Perhaps a big blank would send out the message to "get out and play!"? I'm sure the suggestion can be refined ... I was simply thinking that viewing a window of play/AAR activity would allow for submitted plays to be visible at a glance for a certain period of time (e.g. to folks who drop in once-a-day to review what's been happening) rather than having to find the "Twenty Most Recent Plays" in the Statistics link or go to the AAR depository and search by Game.
01-13-2015, 12:49 AM,
Last 5 plays/aar's maybe?
01-13-2015, 01:06 AM,
How about last 24 hours, or last one?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-13-2015, 05:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2015, 08:14 AM by Poor Yorek.)
Perhaps another approach might be to keep the "most recent" Play/AAR view as is, but have a "This Week at PG-HQ" window with the week's list of plays/AARs. This increases the time "window" for those wanting to view what's been played/reported recently, yet keeps the "most recent" feature.

I've just noted that I look at plays/AARs from two different perspectives. One is based on knowing I am about to play scenario X and wanting to review previous experience, if any, with that scenario (which is what the current system facilitates). The other is just liking to keep tabs on what's been played and AAR'd recently.

PY
01-13-2015, 10:31 AM,
I'd like to expand the discussion scope and have posted a new thread explaining the new framing of the question here.
Request for Comment - PG-HQ Front page redesign
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
01-14-2015, 08:25 AM,
Can the system maybe just show the last day the AAR page was updated?